New 2021 Jacksons online, several MIJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
    Compared to BC Rich which seems keen on putting gaudy fucking abalone on everything these days which was never present "back in the day".
    They've got some new models-- made in Indonesia, more affordable...and with no abalone in sight.

Comment

I heard from other that JP Jacksons were being made by Fujigen. Either way, the prices on Jackson anything and guitars in general are way out of control. It`s nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
        mj... made in japan? too bad the shark inlays are MOTO

I like that andreu rhoads, especially because it brings back poplar.
        Well, at least they have sharkies

Originally posted by Sanctuary View Post
        I guess at least they are true to the vintage styles. Compared to BC Rich which seems keen on putting gaudy fucking abalone on everything these days which was never present "back in the day".
        O c'mon, BCRs have always been gaudy, whether it was the shapes or paintjobs, now it's blingbling
        (still love my Warlock NJ Deluxe with neck and body purfling though )
        Last edited by Nightbat; 01-18-2021, 04:15 PM.
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
          I heard from other that JP Jacksons were being made by Fujigen.
          If would love it if it were true because Fujigen has a history with Japanese-made Fender guitars, and Fujigen-made Ibanez guitars are what I consider Ibanez's "core/flagship line".

But Fujigen's production volume is probably dominated by instruments they make for Hoshino Gakki under the Ibanez label. I just can't see the Fujigen factory "setting aside factory floor space" for an Ibanez competitor like Jackson, or having Hoshino being too happy about an arrangement like that.

But, what do I know. Anyone with verified Fujigen news, bring it on!

Comment

I doubt it to be honest, Fujigen is kinda like the only Japanese factory people know so everything that doesn't have a verified source yet is "rumored to be made in Fujigen". Give me a dollar every time I see a Japanese Jackson classified ads having "made by the famous Fujigen Japanese factory" in the description.....

Likely Dyna Gakki (Fender Japan's plant), since they're making the Charvel MJs as well. Or at least the Dinky will be made there, and the Soloist/Rhoads elsewhere

Comment

3 piece neck means scarf joint and increased thickness at the heel?

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi View Post

by definition, no, that is not what it means
                but what it does mean needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis

Comment

Originally posted by Gigi View Post
                  I would say by convention three-piece neck means no scarf joint. the pieces are glued together lengthwise. of course, that is just a convention and the implementation here may be different.

Comment

The Andreu Rhoads looks lovely. It'd be even nicer without the ugly pickguard.
                    Glad to see a King V that doesn't have a Floyd. Just hoping that soonish there will be a X or Pro Warrior with a TOM bridge. Also nice to see a 7 string KV.
                    Hipshot style bridges in chrome look pretty ugly from a distance. At first glance, I thought it was a Telecaster type bridge.
                    Really digging those camo models, even in the funky colors. A Pro Warrior in Black Camo with a TOM bridge...I'd be all over that.
                    I feel indifferent about the MIJ line. Nothing interesting there so far. Still no stainless steel frets for the price? The Korean models are more appealing to me. Hopefully that limited edition MIK run is doing well and we'll see more.

Can't say I understand this strategy of piling up "premium" series. MIK, MIJ, MIA, all with pretty exorbitant prices. At the same time they continue to cheapen the X Series with Jackson pickups. What's next, Indo Pros with Jackson pickups?

Comment

I really like the red crackle Rhoads, but the reverse headstock and lack of pickup rings make it a 'NO!' for me...

Comment

Originally posted by wrldeatr7 View Post
                        The Andreu Rhoads looks lovely. It'd be even nicer without the ugly pickguard.
                        Glad to see a King V that doesn't have a Floyd. Just hoping that soonish there will be a X or Pro Warrior with a TOM bridge. Also nice to see a 7 string KV.
                        Hipshot style bridges in chrome look pretty ugly from a distance. At first glance, I thought it was a Telecaster type bridge.
                        Really digging those camo models, even in the funky colors. A Pro Warrior in Black Camo with a TOM bridge...I'd be all over that.
                        I feel indifferent about the MIJ line. Nothing interesting there so far. Still no stainless steel frets for the price? The Korean models are more appealing to me. Hopefully that limited edition MIK run is doing well and we'll see more.

Can't say I understand this strategy of piling up "premium" series. MIK, MIJ, MIA, all with pretty exorbitant prices. At the same time they continue to cheapen the X Series with Jackson pickups. What's next, Indo Pros with Jackson pickups?
                        The regular solid color spec remains unchanged. The one shipping with Jackson pickups are the fancy graphic finishes, which used to be a 300 dollars upcharge anyway on the old MIJ production line, there's some hardware downgrade to keep them below the Pro series price. Every model that ships with Jackson pickups (or Jackson Floyd) has something that warrant the hardware downgrade to keep the price in line. The X-series price point is competitive, so they'd rather downgrade hardware and have the fancy graphics there, rather than have them all be 1200-1400 guitar like the crackle Rhoads or the Mirror Soloist. The Camo Soloist is 850 already with Jackson actives, last year's gold/silver crackles are 750. But though, maybe some of them they should really just upgrade to the Pro series since leaving them in the X-series isn't realistic. Camo Soloist at 850 is 50 away from the RRT-3, and Cracked Mirror Kelly is at 1k with Jackson passive and FRS, maybe just up it to 1500 and give it a 1000 Floyd, Ebony board and JB/59.

For the others, they're bigger guitars, and the MG version with real EMGs were 750 as well. The KVXT didn't even have real EMGs, only HZ and it was also 750. They've only had more expensive MG models as well for ages, since 2012 when production moved to India and later Indo, and the old MIJ X-series were practically Pro anyway without the real Duncan upgrade of 06, the KVX10 basically replaced the old KV3 and costed as much once you subtracted the hard case. The new Warrior/Kelly priced lower without EMGs only came recently, probably to be more competitive in price since the MG version of X-series are 100-150 away from the lower Pros.
                        Last edited by Crumbling; 01-23-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                          I heard from other that JP Jacksons were being made by Fujigen. Either way, the prices on Jackson anything and guitars in general are way out of control. It`s nuts.
                          I can't disagree.
                          Street price on a black SL2H USA Select in Canada went from $3300ish to $5500ish in around 7 years.

I expect when a MIJ model is listed as $2499 STREET PRICE on the Jackson site that that is actually an MSRP?
                          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                            I expect when a MIJ model is listed as $2499 STREET PRICE on the Jackson site that that is actually an MSRP?
                            If only.
                            Street price means street price. In the past, MSRP on the Jackson site was some meaningless number that allowed retailers to claim some non-existent savings. They still do, Sweetwater for instance lists the MSRP then their savings and the actual street price. The MJ RRT has an MSRP of $3508.46! Street price $2699.999999

Comment

I checked the Sweetwater page....
                              It may be a hard sell to customers to believe MIJ production is worth $1000+ more than the other Pro series models, no?
                              I certainly don't see any upgrades to warrant that noticeable of a price increase.

A quick check on non-MIJ Pro Soloist prices is around $900-$1300.

And, Pro series from CHINA!!

Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL3M - Rainbow Crackle | Sweetwater

The world sure changes fast. Hold on tight.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                                I checked the Sweetwater page....
                                It may be a hard sell to customers to believe MIJ production is worth $1000+ more than the other Pro series models, no?
                                I certainly don't see any upgrades to warrant that noticeable of a price increase.

A quick check on non-MIJ Pro Soloist prices is around $900-$1300.

And, Pro series from CHINA!!

Jackson Pro Series Soloist SL3M - Rainbow Crackle | Sweetwater

The world sure changes fast. Hold on tight.

All the graphic finishes are MIC at a new factory. Crackle, Swirls last year, and the new stuffs this year. One of the store near me brought one in, it played better than the Northern Light Indo SL2P next to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X