Jackson Dinky JS11 Nut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky JS11 Nut

Hi, I haven't posted in a while but I need some help on this one. I recently took my guitar to L&M to get a new black graph tech tusq nut installed. It was in there for like 2 months. I just got it back yesterday and the nut looks horrible, its not even the right length. So I need a new nut. I was wondering if any forums members have the JS11 and if you could let me know the specs of the original nut so I can order a new one. I am never taking my guitar to L&M again these chain stores don't seem to know what they are doing. Cheers!

I don't know if this makes you confused or not,
    but IF you had a Floyd Rose Locknut,
    it would be the R 3.
    I don't know if the measurements are the same as a Non Locknut.
    Google
    Floyd Rose Locknut Sizes
    and there will be a Floyd Rose chart with measurements.
    Each size has measurements in
    Inches and MM so each size will be listed more than once.

Hope This Helps
    Last edited by JJ119; 12-13-2020, 09:54 PM.

Comment

1.68 inches/42.86 mm wide according to the Jackson page
      I'm pretty sure any nut you get will need to be sanded down and made to fit, and possibly/probably need the slots filed, too.

Can you find a local guy to cut you a bone nut? That'd be the easiest way if possible.
      A good guy will file the slots nice and low if you want a feather-light action, or a bit higher if you prefer.
      As well as keep the radius correct.

Which L&M?
      I don't think I'd have waited 2 weeks, but 2 months?
      You're a patient guy.

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I ended up finding the original nut. It was in the case.If anyone needs the specs for a new nut for this guitar let me know. It was at the St.Catharines L&M. I am a patient guy but 2 months to put on a guitar nut is crazy. I don't think the tech there knows what he is doing.Everytime I phoned to see about the guitar and there was always excuses on why its not done.I am never taking any guitar to L&M again for repair.
        Last edited by SylentCommando; 12-15-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X