NGD. Possibly a 2015 JS32???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD. Possibly a 2015 JS32???

I purchased this site unseen from guitar center used section. Was listed as a JS23 in good condition with no pictures. Here is what I just got overnighted to me. Seems to be a JS32 Dinky, broken neck humbucker ring and missing backplate. I'm very happy only paying $99 ($132 shipping/taxes)....did I do good?

Here is the neckplate https://flic.kr/p/2kds22f

Guitar
    https://flic.kr/p/2kdspyF

Last edited by Jorezba; 12-04-2020, 05:29 PM.

Good Score!

For such an economical purchase, do you plan on replacing the pickups or changing anything?

Comment

I don't really know, I'm 50 plus years old, just getting back into guitar, took some lessons 20 years ago, never got very good and quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jorezba View Post
        I don't really know, I'm 50 plus years old, just getting back into guitar, took some lessons 20 years ago, never got very good and quit.
        Same here.
        Except I didn't have " Formal " lessons.
        Cassette tape, a book with beginners songs, an a
        Heavy Metal Poster that had chord diagrams all over it. Hung around Garage Bands, picked up some stuff from them. That was 30 + Something years ago.

Late last year I decided I would get back into it.
        I got " Metal Method " DVD Set. They have a download for the entire course also.
        My job doesn't allow a lot of spare time, so I do what I can every chance I get.

Hang in there!!
        It can be intimidating sometimes, but the Fun part is when you look back and think how much improvement was made so you press on.

Comment

Thanks!!

Comment

It definitely looks like a JS32, you did well with that score.

Comment

Looks like a 2015 JS32 DKA Natural Oil...assuming it's an archtop.
              They're about $300 new, so I'd say you did great.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks all!!

Comment

Nice color!

If you trust yourself with a small solder job, you could buy a used seymour duncan humbucker for $50 and replace the bridge pickup with it. There are guides on youtube about how to do it. Then it would sound no different than your favorite artist's guitar. You don't need to cut the strings for this. Just remove the springs in the tremolo cavity and the bridge, with the strings, should come right off. You can set it aside and replace the pickup, then put it back on, and pull the springs back in place.

Comment

Working...
                  X