Jackson X Series Dinky Arch Top Extreme DKA-R EX Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson X Series Dinky Arch Top Extreme DKA-R EX Black

I've seen too retailers in the UK advertise this. Is it a genuine Jackson or not? I don't see it on the Jackson website. I need to ask before I ask what I want for Xmas, or take out a finance deal on it:

https://www.pmtonline.co.uk/jackson-...dka-r-ex-black
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Yea its legit, was a limited run, only ~150 built IIRC.

Jackson's website is awful, and they've released and discontinued so many models in the last couple of years not even the catalog is sufficient. Like fuck me, only the Japanese Jackson website has a a section for discontinued models, the US/etc.. site just nuke them off the site altogether, or just leave it up still as an available model.
    Last edited by Crumbling; 11-26-2020, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

X Series with a Jackson-branded trem? I thought those trems only appeared on the JS Series, and the Floyd Rose Special was on the X Series.

(Then again, the consensus here is that the JS Series trem is a rebranded Floyd Rose Special anyway.)

That kinda lines up with my general observation of the overall "cheapening" of the manufacturing process. A previous and recent related observation was noticing that the X Series was starting to be made in China, not just Indonesia.

With the above two observations, we're seeing increasing crossover between the JS Series and the X Series. Extrapolating to the future, how long before the Pro Series gets "demoted" to made in China status and their Floyd Rose 1000 Series trems are replaced with Floyd Rose Specials or even the JS Series trem?
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-27-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Nah, the Jackson trem aren't FRS. They're just a generic branded FR made to the OFR spec. The Ibanez Standard DL is the exact same trem I'm fairly sure. FRS feels a bit better than them.

I've got a theory about it. The X-series are made with a certain price point in mind. The Dinky EX has Fishman (which cost more than EMGs), and they were sold at a lower price than the XMGs, so it gets a Jackson trem. Similarly, the KEX one year also had the Jackson trem, and in general the Monarkh, Kelly and Warrior (outside of XMG models) has Jackson pickups, as opposed to Duncan Design/EMG HZ, due to them being bigger guitars (bigger slab of wood) than the Soloist. The KVX had the same treatment, with it having Jackson branded active pickups, and the KVXT (non Scott Ian) was notably more expensive than the Soloist despite having EMG HZ. The Scott Ian KVXT, which has the standard Duncan Designed setup, is $100 more expensive than the Soloists

With the China thing, there's no "demotion". The MIC X-series are made at a different factory than the JSes, and only the crackle and swirl finishes. The SL3M crackle Pro Series is also made at the same factory, and is notably one of the few Pro series in the current line with a painted neck, the other being the two Phil Demmel explorers.
          Last edited by Crumbling; 11-29-2020, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Well, I have one arriving this coming Saturday. Should've been yesterday, but the case I ordered for it hasn't turned up, and I work weekdays only
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

It's here.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Congratulations on the New Arrival to the Family!!

HNGD!!

Comment

https://i.ibb.co/y5539Gs/DKA-R-EX-1.jpg
                  Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-25-2021, 03:47 PM.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Some of the PRO's are already made in china and yes some of the X series too, what's it really matter, do you really think of one above the other... pffft isn't Laurel wood for making paneling and furniture and cabinetry.
                    I guess if it sucks you can make some trim for your kitchen
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Not for these POS students, or anyone for that matter.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                      X