Another what exactly do I own here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another what exactly do I own here?

Apologies in advance if this ground has been covered too many times already but for 10 years I have been trying to identify my Jackson?

I bought it from a guy in the USA around the year 2010, who had in turn picked it up used some years before in a second hand store. He was convinced that it was some sort of prototype. The back of the headstock is stamped USED and there is a sticker on the chrome backplate with the serial number SH 213175, above which is the made in Japan sticker, I presume that there is a number under the sticker but I never wanted to remove it because I wanted it to remain as intact as it probably was as it left the factory in Japan! :-)

I know very little about guitars but I am presuming that the top pickup is a genuine lipstick pickup? All I know is that the tone sounds amazing and I have never been able to find an image of one with the same configuration, the closest I have come is the Surfcaster SC4.

I am hoping that somebody here at the JCFonline might know what it is that I actually own.

Last edited by chris billington; 11-17-2020, 07:37 PM.
Working...
X