This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ed View Post
    People get Jackson models mixed up very easily. I have actually send messages to sellers on reverb a few times to correct them. DInkies and soloists get mixed often then you see the Dinky soloist very often. Also dinkies and fusions get mixed all the time. Offcourse some of the sellers try to get the most money of their guitars so they might "mistakenly" mix the models. But most of it is just ignorance and maybe lazyness for not doing their homework.

Also the later DK-1 HH came with EMGs.
    Ed is right. Even retailers like Guitar Center get things wrong on their listings.

If you Google “Jackson USA DK2”, you will hit for a single USA “DK2 FSR” at GC/Musicians Friend. I would love to see the CoA and/or hang tag on this “DK2”. This guitar has DiMarzio pickups, roasted maple neck and fretboard, a hand rubbed eurethane neck, abalone piranha tooth inlays, a heel mounted truss rod, and Basswood body (all of which are out of spec for a DK1). The “FSR” designation stands for “Fender Special Run” which is used for custom order lots that are ordered by larger retailers. This means this is a Custom Select ordered by GC. I wonder if the retailer can also specify the model name or if the person creating the listing changed “DK 2H FSR” to “DK2 FSR”.

There is no Japanese made DK1. The DK1 designation has thus far been reserved exclusively for USA made guitars.

Based on my experience, the Custom Select/Masterbuilt naming convention seems to be: JCS [model] [pickup config] [bridge] [color]. That does not mean that is the model that people use when selling such a guitar.

Note that the model on Custom Select/Masterbuilt does NOT include wood type(s) used (e.g. MAH for Mahogany, M for Maple, Q for Quilted, etc). One of my Dinky orders includes a mahogany body and there is no MAH in the model name. The mahogany Dinky also has a quilted maple top and there is no Q in the model name. My soloist has a maple fretboard and there is no M in the model name.
    Last edited by CaptNasty; 10-04-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Last edited by DragonJack; 10-17-2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonJack View Post
        I tend to agree in that during the time Grover Jackson and Wayne Charvel joined forces and started building guitars in Japan using "Jackson/Charvel" things got mushed together. And it does not

WTF

Don't know where you got your information but don't ever repeat it. Dead wrong.

Then the two parted ways when Jackson sold the company.
        and this just makes it worse.

It might be that one partner was more concerned about the financial end of things rather than the design.

STOP TALKING
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 10-17-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

wayne charvel had nothing to do with charvel guitars since 1978 and never had anything to do with jackson guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

WTF

Don't know where you got your information but don't ever repeat it. Dead wrong.

and this just makes it worse.

STOP TALKING
            Is this how you deal with information and the messenger?? (WTF?) Did someone commit sacrilege?

Rather than eliciting psycopathy you could (or not able?) to do it with more civility.

It was what I read somewhere. The fact it was repeated was because it was "out there."

Are you getting awards from either Jackson or Charvel to police forums and come to their emotional rescue? Are you on intimate terms with either?

Virtue-signal much?

Comment

Is this how you deal with information and the messenger?? (WTF?) Did someone commit sacrilege?

Rather than eliciting psycopathy you could (or not able?) to do it with more civility.

It was what I read somewhere. The fact it was repeated was because it was "out there."

Are you getting awards from either Jackson or Charvel to police forums and come to their emotional rescue? Are you on intimate terms with either?

Virtue-signal much?

I think he discarded civility because every single thing in your post was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
                wayne charvel had nothing to do with charvel guitars since 1978 and never had anything to do with jackson guitars.

Yes after reading a page that looks to be from Charvel it says he sold the company to Jackson.

https://www.wayneguitars.com/history.html

And the information gets vague. I've seen other blogs where the date is even earlier than 1978.

Charvel on his own (appears to be ) blog does not give exact details.

I did read the two had a "falling out" so where's the information on that?

Since I have a Jackson/Charvel I bought back in the early 90's and have reconnected with the guitar after almost 30 years led to me investigate the history of the two (Jackson/Charvel) and the parts on the guitar, who made them and where from while I recently joined this forum to find out more.

Another feather in the cap of the cloudy history of Jackson/Charvel.

Which then leaves things to "karen" feuds (ala pianoguyy) on the internet.

Is there a sticky on this forum on the history of the two Wayne and Grover?

Someone(s) might want to suss that as there are not many forums and information dedicated to Jackson/Charvel AFIK.

And with the coming lock down by further tyrannical types, the internet may not be as free it is now needing one to sell their souls to earn "social credit" to even be on forums like this.

The candle burns at both ends...

Comment

Yeah, you read it somewhere and have now passed the information on, where someone else will say "I read it somewhere".

STOP

It is so far from reality that it can't even be considered a misunderstanding. THAT is why I emphasized that you need to end that kind of talk. This is the internet. What you said will stay there forever and will appear in search results and will be copied/pasted by bots and repeated by humans. Until eventually it will make its way to wikipedia where it will be considered gospel.

And, knowing Wayne Charvel (and family) the way JCF does... it wouldn't surprise me if he points people to that post in an attempt to blame Grover and play himself as a hero. Yet, as mentioned in the previous post - Wayne Charvel had nothing to do with Jackson. He barely had anything to do with Charvel Guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

I think he discarded civility because every single thing in your post was wrong.

So like a typical karen he virtue signals?

Comment

Yes after reading a page that looks to be from Charvel it says he sold the company to Jackson.

https://www.wayneguitars.com/history.html

And the information gets vague. I've seen other blogs where the date is even earlier than 1978.

Charvel on his own (appears to be ) blog does not give exact details.

I did read the two had a "falling out" so where's the information on that?

Since I have a Jackson/Charvel I bought back in the early 90's and have reconnected with the guitar after almost 30 years led to me investigate the history of the two (Jackson/Charvel) and the parts on the guitar, who made them and where from while I recently joined this forum to find out more.

Another feather in the cap of the cloudy history of Jackson/Charvel.

Which then leaves things to "karen" feuds (ala pianoguyy) on the internet.

Is there a sticky on this forum on the history of the two Wayne and Grover?

Someone(s) might want to suss that as there are not many forums and information dedicated to Jackson/Charvel AFIK.

And with the coming lock down by further tyrannical types, the internet may not be as free it is now needing one to sell their souls to earn "social credit" to even be on forums like this.

The candle burns at both ends...

Again. Stop talking.
                      I see that you are pointing to a Wayne Charvel website as your source, so I stopped reading what you had to say.

Wayne Charvel had a "mod shop" where they customized (including replacement bodies and necks) guitars.
                      There were no "Charvel Guitars" until later.

Comment

Just stop.
                        You read it. You believed it. You repeated it.

Now, because you repeated it, someone else can "read it". Hopefully they see what came next and they don't repeat it.

Comment

Yeah, you read it somewhere and have now passed the information on, where someone else will say "I read it somewhere".

STOP

It is so far from reality that it can't even be considered a misunderstanding. THAT is why I emphasized that you need to end that kind of talk. This is the internet. What you said will stay there forever and will appear in search results and will be copied/pasted by bots and repeated by humans. Until eventually it will make its way to wikipedia where it will be considered gospel.

And, knowing Wayne Charvel (and family) the way JCF does... it wouldn't surprise me if he points people to that post in an attempt to blame Grover and play himself as a hero. Yet, as mentioned in the previous post - Wayne Charvel had nothing to do with Jackson. He barely had anything to do with Charvel Guitars.
                          Again the karen approach is your go-to?

What you said will stay there forever and will appear in search results
                          So will the way you handled the faux pas

It is so far from reality that it can't even be considered a misunderstanding.

Comment

Just stop.
                            You read it. You believed it. You repeated it.

Now, because you repeated it, someone else can "read it". Hopefully they see what came next and they don't repeat it.
                            And since I'm a new member (just yesterday in fact) ( for how long that depends on the demons lurking on here ) I'm persona non grata to the unknown in the universe of unknowns who is not a member and might read everything you're worried about so that unknown non-member is worth more protecting than a member who made an error (according to you) in some information but is being flamed like you need to tell someone off for the horrendous crime committed?

Comment

So will the way you handled the faux pas
                              But I don't give a fuck that "the way I handed it" is available for others to see. In fact, the exact opposite is true. I can only hope that someone sees what came after your post and realizes that they should not "wash, rinse, repeat" the information the way you did.

Comment

Again. Stop talking.
                                I see that you are pointing to a Wayne Charvel website as your source, so I stopped reading what you had to say.

Wayne Charvel had a "mod shop" where they customized (including replacement bodies and necks) guitars.
                                There were no "Charvel Guitars" until later.
                                Calm yourself. You're not here to tell me what to do. And certainly not to treat me like the cretin you've become.

Stop Talking?

I suggest you follow your own advice and rather than fly off the handle like some menopausal granny you might want to post some links where you got your information rather than acting like a cryptic (I'm the only one who knows) talking in spurts and rants.

Comment

Working...
                                X