Jackson Kelly Star appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Kelly Star appreciation thread

Hello everyone! I finally finished my research and created an appreciation video of the various Jackson Kelly Star models that have been produced over the years.
    Unfortunately I never got the chance to try one myself, but I don't want to stop dreaming ha ha!
    I hope this video will help the community to categorize these fantastic guitars as accurately as possible.
    It's totally not sponsored or endorsed by Jackson/Charvel (I wish, lol!), I'm just a metalhead who likes making gear reviews!
    https://youtu.be/QVvD7LpBCcg
    Last edited by alessandroarzilli; 09-06-2020, 03:47 AM.

Great work! I love those JDM Kelly Stars, especially thru-neck models with neck and head binding! Would get one if I played music that suited. You should totally get one, dude. They do pop up from time to time in Japan.

Comment

Thank you very much! I'd really love to get one, even just for a period of time to test it, but they're very difficult to spot in Europe! Let's see what happens, is there any market/shop/online thing you would recommend from Japan?

Comment

One of the coolest body shapes ever.

I love how much work and research you put into this video (and all your videos as usual)!

I foresee a Kelly Star in your collection in the future! It is destiny! I think the elusive Kelly Star in Eerie Dess Swirl is your holy grail.

Something that was new for me was at 6:38 where there is a Team G.J. headstock! I've never seen that brand before!

From 11:13 to 11:26, you requested more information on the Grover Jackson Kelly Star models. I don't have any information to add but I noticed something peculiar on the guitar shown at 12:21. It has what looks like a SINGLE-LOCKING Takeuchi tremolo! I've never seen that bridge before. The normal double-locking Takeuchi bridge (such as the JT580LP that appears on several other Kelly Stars in your video) is already designed as an affordable bridge for intermediate guitars, so how much more corner-cutting is really needed for an already affordable bridge?

Comment

Thank you so much, Number of the priest,I really hope to get a Kelly Star sooner or later hehe!
          As for the Team GJ headstock, never seen one like that in my whole life, too, I can understand what GJ stannds for, lol, but that's really weird, just like that Takeuchi-like Grover Jackson tremolo bridge on the black guitar at 12:21, really.....there must have been a lot of confusion back then....or maybe it was just a custom made guitar that the buyer wanted lto be built with those particular components....who knows?

Comment

Nicely put together alessandroarzilli

Another Really Good Video

Comment

Thank you ! Much appreciated, had a lot of fun making it, wondering what'll be the next one about

Comment

Working...
              X