Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Dimarzio pickups for my Green crackle SLX ? . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Dimarzio pickups for my Green crackle SLX ? . .

Hi , I love my green crackle Jackson SLX . I would like to replace the Duncan designed pickups , the Seymour Duncan equivalents TB 6 distortion and SH6 are a fair bit more than I expected to pay here in England/Europe but the dimarzio seem good value at around £80.00 for most popular ones. What do you think would be a suitable Dimarzio alternative to the Seymour Duncan’s “OR” be suitable for my guitar ?

i like to play stuff like Def Leppard , Bon jovi , guns n roses , 80s pop rock

guitar is basswood body /maple neck / laurel board Going into boss katana or boss Gt 1/100 into PA or monitors

I like to use chorus /delay and a compressor to stretch the sustain out .

super distortion dp-100 would sound great.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post
      super distortion dp-100 would sound great.
      thanks man really appreciate it , what neck one would be a good match. Super distortion seems to be one of “THE 80s” faves ,brilliant

Comment

Keep an eye out on eBay, classified and Facebook buy/sale group, OEM pickups usually make their way round the block when people upgrade or change them out. Or even Amazon, a set of Duncans are like 120 pound if you buy through Amazon.com rather than local. I got a Hetset the other day for 250AUD, marked down from 400.

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/offer-l...4945487&sr=8-4

Comment

Originally posted by JefLeppard View Post

thanks man really appreciate it , what neck one would be a good match. Super distortion seems to be one of “THE 80s” faves ,brilliant
          what kind of sounds are you looking for out of the neck pickup? smooth leads, or a clear clean tone? the paf pro dp-151 would probably do either pretty well. if you want smooth thick lead tone, an air norton dp-193 might be the ticket. honestly I prefer single coil pickups in the neck position so maybe someone else can answer this one better.

Comment

+1 on the Super Distortion. A great match for the Super Distortion is the Super 2. The Super 2 was created to be the neck pickup for the Super Distortion. I have this pickup combo in my Dinky. Love it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Crumbling;n2540184]Keep an eye out on eBay, classified and Facebook buy/sale group, OEM pickups usually make their way round the block when people upgrade or change them out. Or even Amazon, a set of Duncans are like 120 pound if you buy through Amazon.com rather than local. I got a Hetset the other day for 250AUD, marked down from 400.

I will, amazon seems a bit short lately , gotta be careful though, there were fake slash Duncan’s when I was buying mine for my LP

Comment

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                +1 on the Super Distortion. A great match for the Super Distortion is the Super 2. The Super 2 was created to be the neck pickup for the Super Distortion. I have this pickup combo in my Dinky. Love it.

sounds like a good pairing if factory matched, cheers man

Comment

DiMarzio is very popular among Ibanez fans so I often see them pairing a Super Distortion in the bridge with PAF Pro in the neck.

Though, as CaptNasty mentioned, the Super 2 is the company's "official" match, very much like Duncan designed the Jazz pickup to be the companion neck model for the JB in the bridge.

When I think of someone using twin Super Distortions (neck and bridge), I think of Dave Murray from Iron Maiden.

For a more single coil-like tone in the neck, but in humbucker format, I'd almost be tempted to try the Humbucker From Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by metalhobo View Post

what kind of sounds are you looking for out of the neck pickup? smooth leads, or a clear clean tone? the paf pro dp-151 would probably do either pretty well. if you want smooth thick lead tone, an air norton dp-193 might be the ticket. honestly I prefer single coil pickups in the neck position so maybe someone else can answer this one better.
                    thanks man, that has given me food for thought , I do like smooth leads , but a clear clean tone is also good for some stuff I play with chorus and delay .
                    thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      DiMarzio is very popular among Ibanez fans so I often see them pairing a Super Distortion in the bridge with PAF Pro in the neck.

Though, as CaptNasty mentioned, the Super 2 is the company's "official" match, very much like Duncan designed the Jazz pickup to be the companion neck model for the JB in the bridge.

When I think of someone using twin Super Distortions (neck and bridge), I think of Dave Murray from Iron Maiden.

For a more single coil-like tone in the neck, but in humbucker format, I'd almost be tempted to try the Humbucker From Hell.
                      Thanks man, that’s really helpful ,appreciate it

Comment

I have the same Jackson green crackle and put in the Dimarzio John Petrucci set (Liquifire/neck & Crunch Lab/bridge) and it sounds fantastic!! Also upgraded the saddles/block and trem arm..
                        "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                        X