Laurel and Aramanth fingerboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurel and Aramanth fingerboards

I've been looking at getting either an SLX or JS32Q, and they have these type fingerboards. What's the difference?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Amaranth is also known as purple heart and its purple.

Comment

I'm looking at my Minion Bass, and its fingervoard looks brown like Rosewood, not purple.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

They dye the Amaranth so its brown, it actually looks nicer than Rosewood since its consistent like Ebony and not grainy like Rosewood. There's a spot on mine where the paint peeled off and its purple underneath though

Comment

amaranth indeed refers to purpleheart wood (genus peltogyne). laurel probably refers to indian laurel (terminalia elliptica). both are dense, hard tropical hardwoods and I would expect them to make fine fingerboards. no idea about individual sound characteristics.

Comment

Damn. Maybe Jackson should've left it purple or died it black, since Amaranth looks as smooth as ebony. So, what's Larel like, grain wise? Smooth as Amaranth, or grainy like Rosewood?
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Damn. Maybe Jackson should've left the Amaranth purple or died it black, since it would appear to look as smooth as ebony. So, what's Laurel like, grain wise? Smooth as Amaranth, or grainy like Rosewood?
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Well, balls. I should've got the Rhoads 'cause my Dinky Minion only has rosewood.
                96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                X