Current value of Jackson PC3 Phil Collen with licensed Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current value of Jackson PC3 Phil Collen with licensed Floyd Rose

What’s a fair price for the PC3 in Trans Amber with stock pickups and the licensed FR? Someone locally has one available and I wanted to have a rough idea of what’s a fair price for a good condition PC3. The guitars were $500ish when new, right?

Considering he has the only one for sale in your local area, I would have to say that the price he is asking is fair.
    It's not like you have other options. You either buy his or you don't buy one at all.

Of course, the other side of that equation is - if you think it is too expensive, then it isn't worth as much as he is asking.

Comment

Thanks. In the end it wasn’t worth the paying more than the original MSRP. I’ll keep looking.

Comment

You just single handedly killed the vintage Gibson and Fender market.
        Those that sold for $200 new, now sell for $20,000.

https://reverb.com/marketplace?query...sc&ships_to=XX

3 on reverb
        none on ebay

don't get your hopes up.
        Last edited by pianoguyy; 06-28-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Just a warning: Two of the listings in that Reverb link shared by pianoguyy belong to Essex Recording Studios, who sell/resell ANY guitar in their inventory for incredibly high markup prices over what they originally paid for the instrument. Their listings should not be taken as "market value" of a PC3 or any guitar. They're basically the "concert ticket scalpers" of the guitar reseller world.

The other listing is at a more reasonable price but still high in my opinion. I wouldn't treat the PC3 any different from other Japanese Jacksons of the 2000s. Aim for USD$300 or less if buying on a budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Their listings should not be taken as "market value" of a PC3 or any guitar.
            But, as I noted in my first response, there's only 3 for sale on all of the major websites.
            If you want one, you really don't have many options.

Comment

Thanks for the good advice! I think I’ll just look for a PC1 that speaks to me. No rush, I have a guitar with a sustainer

Comment

Working...
              X