Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J/C group shot, stuck home with time to clean gear room...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J/C group shot, stuck home with time to clean gear room...

Longtime member but I don't post here often.I am also on the FB pages but generally do not post much there either... Hope everyone is happy and well as can be. Glad to see some activity on the board.
    Being most all of the music stores are closed around me, I thought it would be appropriate to post something to look at and kill some time discussing. Here's my stringed instruments.
    There are 4 non- J/C in there and a few US as well. Some mutts too for good measure. Hope you like them, sorry I couldn't get a better shot.
    Most are keepers but, eventually I am going to move a few for some new gear. At that point I will make sure to follow the rules regarding for sale/trade posts both here and on the FB pages.
    Enjoy, and be safe everyone!
    Post with 1 views. J/C group

Awesome!! there's something about all those pointy headstocks that is just so right! I've been playing more than 45 years, and I just caught they pointy-headstock-superstrat bug this spring...

Comment

sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Awesome group shot! Would love to see some more pics. Is that a white DK2LE I see?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
          Awesome group shot! Would love to see some more pics. Is that a white DK2LE I see?
          Yes sir , I do believe so. I have a thing for harder to find imports and oddballs

Comment

Holy shit!! Japanese import/mutt heaven. Even the mutts look damn good. That DK2 Hot Rod Flames with DK2FF neck, and that DK2 Pile of Skulls with DKMGFF neck are really nice. You have great taste.

It might not be evident in the photo since some guitars are partially hidden by others, but there's only one non-trem guitar in the whole bunch, right? It's the fourth guitar on the left (with a reverse headstock and normal nut)?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
              Holy shit!! Japanese import/mutt heaven. Even the mutts look damn good. That DK2 Hot Rod Flames with DK2FF neck, and that DK2 Pile of Skulls with DKMGFF neck are really nice. You have great taste.

It might not be evident in the photo since some guitars are partially hidden by others, but there's only one non-trem guitar in the whole bunch, right? It's the fourth guitar on the left (with a reverse headstock and normal nut)?
              Thanks Priest,There's a lot more impressive collections on here than mine, These are what stuck around, a lot didn't over the years.
              You are correct that is a Dinky RVH, the only other non trem I own are a fretlite (for teaching) and the 3b Charvel Bass
              Also in the rear right of the pic there is one of my favs, a holoflake Dk2 with a DKMGFF neck and burnt chrome floyd. Another I play a lot is the 475 desert crackle with a desert crackle /maple board spectrum neck. I mutted together guitars that J/C should have made imo.
              Last edited by Weezil; 05-20-2020, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                Thanks, anything in particular that you would like to see more of?

Comment

I wonder what the cat is thinking about. Very nice collection you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Weezil View Post
                    Also in the rear right of the pic there is one of my favs, a holoflake Dk2 with a DKMGFF neck and burnt chrome floyd.
                    Thanks for confirming what that was. Wasn't sure because I didn't recognize the finish, H/S layout, and extra knob. Is that body refinished? That looks killer.

Also, the guitars on the floor are lying on a giant grey surface... what is that? An air mattress?

Comment

That crackle on the lower left! That single hum in white with the maple! Oh my!
                      8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post

Thanks for confirming what that was. Wasn't sure because I didn't recognize the finish, H/S layout, and extra knob. Is that body refinished? That looks killer.

Also, the guitars on the floor are lying on a giant grey surface... what is that? An air mattress?
                        Yeah it's a DK2FF I had custom painted by a bike guy, Really happy with the work. Extra knob is a pull boost from a DKMG.
                        Also found a burnt chrome floyd and colored titanium screws for the floyd. Added a pic.
                        Post with 0 views. DK2FF holoflake

Comment

that holoflake is amazing. the way the color and iridescence of the flakes changes with the angle is astounding. just looking at the two different pictures it almost doesn't seem like the same guitar! you see the flip-flop finishes out there, but never with flake so big. love it.

Comment

☆☆☆ absofreakinlutely speechless ☆☆☆

Comment

Eh eh eh, I see that red Kelly Star in the corner eh eh eh......by the way :-0 I'm totally speechless! That's like heaven, a fantastic Jackson Charvel museum!

Comment

Working...
                              X