Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rarest Japanese-made Jackson? (Has anyone ever seen one?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have seen it once. Was for sale on Yahoo Japan in Jan 2019.
    Only saved one picture I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by saffamarkus View Post
      Have seen it once. Was for sale on Yahoo Japan in Jan 2019.
      Only saved one picture I'm sorry.

Awesome - I saw that one too! I actually have one of these ones, pictured below. I reckon I've only seen the one you've seen and one other (referring to the TOM type), in the transparent denim-blue finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. View Post

Awesome - I saw that one too! I actually have one of these ones, pictured below. I reckon I've only seen the one you've seen and one other (referring to the TOM type), in the transparent denim-blue finish.

Have you measured the scale length and confirmed it to be 25.5”?

I have a regular AT Pro and 750XL.

I also have the infamous 2007ish? Sam Ash “SL2H” which is really a MIJ 25.5” arch top.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I also have the infamous 2007ish? Sam Ash “SL2H” which is really a MIJ 25.5” arch top.
          Hey Don, yep, it's 25.5"/648mm, as is the purple burst one with Schaller that I have.
          Got any pics of the infamous Sam Ash model? Sounds intriguing!

Comment

Originally posted by Jr. View Post

Hey Don, yep, it's 25.5"/648mm, as is the purple burst one with Schaller that I have.
            Got any pics of the infamous Sam Ash model? Sounds intriguing!
            No pics. Here is a link to google pics though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Sam+...w=1600&bih=757

They only came in two styles, a metallic black with EMG's or a blue maple flametop with Duncan '59 and JB. I have the blue one.

At first I didn't like these and ignored them, but then I found one at a Sam Ash in 2013 and picked it up. It turned into one of my favorites. Great for chunky metal. Real tight for a guitar with JB.
            Last edited by DonP; 01-06-2023, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

Mate that looks absolutely fantastic. Interesting to see it is 25.5" too, always assumed they were 24.75" like the AT Pro's / 750XLs

Comment

That was a beauty!! Congrats to whoever scored it.

Comment

So this popped up on Ebay Australia today. They say it's a 1999 Grover Jackson Japan "Supreme Series" S-330 Neckthrough Soloist.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/175704075036

Maybe the year is wrong, but maybe this is the guitar Dr Evil said he has?

At first I thought, ooh, we have one of those Japan model soloists in Fender scale. Then I saw the back. Neck through!

Comment

Originally posted by Genebaby View Post
                    So this popped up on Ebay Australia today. They say it's a 1999 Grover Jackson Japan "Supreme Series" S-330 Neckthrough Soloist.

At first I thought, ooh, we have one of those Japan model soloists in Fender scale. Then I saw the back. Neck through!

Woah! This is the rarest Japanese Jackson model of all time! Never thought I would see one asides from in the Catalog. Super tempting, seems like a pretty fair price.

Comment

I hope someone snaps this up and does a decent video/audio recording with it. This is the only production model I've heard of that only has one known example, lol. I wonder how rare the Japanese aficionados think it is, being a JDM model.

This example, however, looks nowhere near as good as the purple one in the 1999 GJ catalogue. I suppose it could always be resprayed.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X