Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The rarest Japanese-made Jackson? (Has anyone ever seen one?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rarest Japanese-made Jackson? (Has anyone ever seen one?)

Taken from the 1991 and 1992 Charvel/Jackson Japan domestic catalogues - Jackson Soloist Arched-Top. Has anyone ever seen the Floyd version?
    The first pic is from the 1992 catalogue, pictured next to the Soloist Arched-Top I own (fixed bridge, my profile picture).
    The second pic is from the 1991 catalogue.

Last edited by Jr.; 04-13-2021, 07:20 AM.

I am just wondering why are these 25.5 inches scale length. Since the ones they made for the rest of the world were 24.75 inches. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
      I am just wondering why are these 25.5 inches scale length. Since the ones they made for the rest of the world were 24.75 inches. Go figure.
      Yep. It's a bit of an odd one.

Comment

I always thought it was the Warrior Pro. I own one and it wasn't cheap.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

That same catalog has the Fire Bird Jackson. Not that?
          Database (WIP) https://mechas64castles.net/CharvelJackson.html
          My collection also there!

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I always thought it was the Warrior Pro. I own one and it wasn't cheap.
            I've seen the odd Warrior Pro here and there. Never seen this Arched-Top Soloist. Not even a non-catalogue photo of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechayoshi View Post
              That same catalog has the Fire Bird Jackson. Not that?
              A quick google search revealed images from a past auction, and also of one that Marty Friedman used live (that exact model, I believe). So that appears to be rare as unicorns as well, but not quite as rare as the arched top, which hasn't even been confirmed to exist beyond the catalogues.

Comment

I think something got lost in translation for the specs on the "flets"....
                A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

After scouring the internet, all I've found is a crappy photo from a Japanese selling site - it looks like it might be the model from the 1991 or 1992 catalogue, but then again, it doesn't look like it says "GROVER JACKSON" on the headstock either:

Note: I found that it is also in the 1992 catalogue. So we have three catalogues/years of production, and just that one questionable photo...

Last edited by Jr.; 05-10-2020, 05:06 AM.

Comment

the problem here isn't the rarity. it is the age.

the internet didn't exist in 199x for there to be thousands of images of this stuff.
                    And then, as time goes by, details of these mass produced imports get sort of forgotten in the sense of "what model do I have"

Jackson (now owned by Fender) doesn't even have documentation on most of their guitars of that era. Until we, the users, upload the data, it will never exist for others to see.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                      the problem here isn't the rarity. it is the age.

the internet didn't exist in 199x for there to be thousands of images of this stuff.
                      And then, as time goes by, details of these mass produced imports get sort of forgotten in the sense of "what model do I have"

Jackson (now owned by Fender) doesn't even have documentation on most of their guitars of that era. Until we, the users, upload the data, it will never exist for others to see.
                      Firstly, none of these models were "imports" - they were Japanese domestic market models.
                      Secondly, there has never been a higher spec Japanese-made model than this one, except for the Archtop Limited 1991. Forgettable? Speak for yourself.
                      Thirdly, thanks for the history lesson on the internet, but how do you explain photos and videos of other models that came out in the same era to be in abundance when none can be found of this one?
                      No one's looking for "thousands of images" either - Just one clear one would be great for a start.
                      Last edited by Jr.; 05-12-2020, 04:21 AM.

Comment

but the point i was trying to make....
                        given all the factors, you probably have seen pictures of it but someone mislabeled it as "DK-2" because no one knew what else to label it as.
                        Believe me, there are thousands of "DK-2" models made in Indonesia being sold on the used market. My personal favorite is Charvel Model 6 - with a bolt on and toothpaste logo.

Have you been using the .jp extension for your searches?
                        Google Japan probably has results Google [your country] doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                          but the point i was trying to make....
                          given all the factors, you probably have seen pictures of it but someone mislabeled it as "DK-2" because no one knew what else to label it as.
                          Believe me, there are thousands of "DK-2" models made in Indonesia being sold on the used market. My personal favorite is Charvel Model 6 - with a bolt on and toothpaste logo.

Have you been using the .jp extension for your searches?
                          Google Japan probably has results Google [your country] doesn't have.
                          Yeah, but as you said, that would be an issue for other models too.
                          And yeah, I've searched in Japanese.
                          Last edited by Jr.; 07-13-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Was looking thru ebay and came about this thing looks to be arch top and has a jt-590/schaller trem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grover-Jack...kAAOSwioFfAddV

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
                              Was looking thru ebay and came about this thing looks to be arch top and has a jt-590/schaller trem.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Grover-Jack...kAAOSwioFfAddV
                              Yep. That's the one! Ask and you shall receive, ey?

Comment

Working...
                              X