Jackson finally working with WMI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson finally working with WMI?

Was quite surprised to see this on the back of the new Dinky Ash. As far as I can tell all those Dinky Ash models are made in Korea, by WMI, I figure. Interesting that all the special finishes are going to new/different suppliers. Just as all those crackle finish Soloists are made in China not by Weibo but someone else (serial CYJ).
    Glad to see this is a three-piece neck versus the usual one-piece scarf joint stuff.

Not sure if they are deliberately mismatching the body halves though. This just looks awful:

I like the idea of Jackson using producing guitars in Korea. Isn't some of the new Charvels produced there as well? The factory produces great guitars, so I wouldn't mind.

Comment

Didn't look at Charvel, but yeah, same thing, their ash two-tone bodies are also Korean.

Comment

Normally, World Musical Instrument Co. Ltd. uses a simple W in front of a string of numbers with the first two digits representing the year of manufacture. Three letters like KWJ doesn't seem like a serial number format normally used by them and so my hunch is that it's not them. However, if someone can provide irrefutable proof, I will eat my words.

Comment

FMCI has all its suppliers use its serial number format and the "Crafted in..." text.

Some more research shows that WMI is indeed shipping electric guitars to FMIC.

https://panjiva.com/World-Musical-Inst-Co-Ltd/1318135

Comment

excellent news! I might have to reconsider J/C imports in the future now

Comment

Working...
            X