Need opinions on this supposedly Japan domestic market Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinions on this supposedly Japan domestic market Jackson

Drwing on the expertise of this group, can anyone identify this model? The last owner said he bought it in Japan and that it was a special run produced for their market only. Truthfully, it just confuses me. It has a Strathead that says Charvel, a Jackson neck plate, and the locking tremolo says Washburn. But the guy swore it is all original. The Guitar Insite serial number database says it was made in 1997 in the Chuchin Gakki factory, but I have read here that lots of serial numbers beginning with 97 were not made in 1997. Can anyone offer some clarity as to model, year, and ideally, value? I know these are not the best photos, but I was pressed for time. Serial number is 9742761.

Thanks,

Sounds like a mutt. You will have to use a image host service and post the link to your post for us to see your pictures.

Comment

The Washburn tremolo would definitely not be original. Post pics on something like imgur.com and then link here.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hoping this provides access to the photos...
        Post with 0 views. Japan-only Jackson/Charvel?

Comment

That whole guitar does seem like a mutt. Charvel-labeled neck, Washburn-labeled trem, Jackson neckplate from the 2000s... and with a mishmash of gold and chrome hardware. I'd be curious what the stamps say in the neck pocket and on the neck heel.

The one thing that sticks out to me as being "inauthentic Jackson/Charvel" is the shape of that electronics route. It is not the correct shape for the Ontario route. So I would venture that that is not a Jackson nor Charvel body. No idea about the neck.

Comment

I can't see that being original.

But, to be fair... those pesky Japanese consumers could have created a need for something like that. I mean, think of all of the "special runs" that GC has done in the States. It is possible (but I can't see it happening) that some store ordered a bunch of kabuki theater mashups.
            From the country that brought us BabyMetal, anything is possible.

Comment

Working...
            X