Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to step out on a limb and say:

That is not a Jackson.

I could be wrong. But if I am, it is certainly not one that I would spend any money on.

Comment

Got any pics of the whole back of the guitar? Something looks strange about that one.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
        I am going to step out on a limb and say:

That is not a Jackson.

I could be wrong. But if I am, it is certainly not one that I would spend any money on.
        why?
        I found the same bridge and Jackson H/S/S pickups at Jackson PS1 Performer 95-96 but this model have pickguard. https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-ins...top/1312092179

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Got any pics of the whole back of the guitar? Something looks strange about that one.
          no

Comment

That headstock shape looks off, and the body shape also looks off, but maybe it's just the angle of the pics. Better and closer pics would help, but I'm thinking it might not be a Jackson, also.

Comment

you can see outline of the sticker where someone applied the logo to the headstock.
              that crooked tuner doesn't help your case at all. especially considering that there is no previous drill hole.

Comment

its a first era of jackson korean guitars, the logo its ok. a jackson of u$ 100 or $150 no more, a fulcrum bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by germaug View Post
                  its a first era of jackson korean guitars, the logo its ok. a jackson of u$ 100 or $150 no more, a fulcrum bridge.
                  guitarinsite.nl
                  Serial number

Built: 1996
                  Model: Bolt on
                  Factory: Chushin Gakki factory (Japan)

Comment

It's definitely not Japan with the dot inlays being that far apart. We need better pics of the whole thing.

Comment

The scoop/scallop on the lower horn doesn't look right, the one tuner is misaligned, the headstock shape looks wrong, the single coil pickups are upside down. We need a pic of the back electronics cavity cover to see if it's the right shape. Someone also probably put a different serial number plate on there.

Comment

Originally posted by germaug View Post

so, you think it is a Concept?

and then the question becomes, were they shaving the horn in 1993?
                        Last edited by pianoguyy; 09-14-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

None of the tuners appear to be equally spaced.

Comment

Working...
                          X