Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's MIJ Grover Jackson FU-IG help needed for ID plz

Hi there,
    First post, hope this is the right place. Strangely enough, just registered after so many years. Been a Charvel Jackson fan since I purchased my first very own axe, a black Charvel 6 at Sam Ash NYC back in 1987...

Amongst my collection of MIJ axes I was lucky to score 3 unusual Grover Jackson direct from Japan (and just last month a DA psycho green sig, hehe, but that's another story)..

There never was a huge amount of info available on Chushin Gakki axes (outside of the very helpful audiozone and charvelusa of course), but pretty much nothing on the production after 95, and since the factory went bankrupt I guess any info now strictly lies in the living memories of the fanbase.

I know this model was called the FU-IG.37, and that it was produced for several years, the only trace of evidence I could find was a 1999 Japanese catalog where it is featured in white, red, black and blue. For some reason (or fleeting info that flashed before me at some point) I believe these to be older, maybe 1996? These would seem from the same year? the colors are sea foam green, shell pink, mint green, sort of subtly metallic colors, really beautiful, with satin chrome hardware. I would suspect there was a fourth color issued that year? In any case I got these from different professional Japanese sellers, they weren't able to help, and none of the 3 were aware of the other colors... the plot thickens.

Well if anyone has any info on these I would certainly appreciate it. Take care y'all.

Yup, hard to get info on those.
    Someone may come along.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
    X