Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional - Metal Monster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional - Metal Monster!

Just posting a quick shout-out to the folks responsible for these early 90s MIJ Jacksons, because this guitar is just absolutely amazing! Picked it up a while back for a cool $300 because these have the Schaller-made JT590, which is my preferred trem, and I just really loved the clean n' mean look. Very similar vibe to the ESP guitars played by Michael Romeo from Symphony X, one of my favorite guitarists. The guitar is in really outstanding condition for being 26 years old, just one little ding that's hard to notice against the black finish.

This one came with a set of EMG 81/85 pickups from the previous owner, and despite the fact that Romeo used them back in the day I really don't like EMGs so I sold 'em quick and replaced them with a set of Bareknuckle Aftermath pickups I was able to grab for a great price on Reverb. Now this thing absolutely breathes fire and has me actively looking for another one!

Also got a killer inlaid truss rod cover to jazz up the headstock a bit since these unfortunately didn't have the inlaid logos some of the pricier pro models (like my Fusion Professional Pro) have.

An interesting tidbit about this guitar that I don't understand...there is some wear on the maple fretboard which I know is common, but ONLY in one small spot on the fourth fret...which makes no sense to me. Did the previous owner use that fret exclusively...?

Anyway, here are a few so-so quality pics now that it's finally complete. And if anyone happens to have another one of these that they don't need, please PM me .

I had one of those way back when and til this day 9m looking for another one, it was a midnight bluish color and it was a monster, congrats on the score, great guitar for the money

Comment

Very nice. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post
        An interesting tidbit about this guitar that I don't understand...there is some wear on the maple fretboard which I know is common, but ONLY in one small spot on the fourth fret...which makes no sense to me. Did the previous owner use that fret exclusively...?

Instead of buying a 7 string or tuning down to "just buy a bass" level, 4th fret would be someone playing in C# with an octave pedal.
        Or, maybe a classical musician playing his G# as the bass note instead of the root of E.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

Instead of buying a 7 string or tuning down to "just buy a bass" level, 4th fret would be someone playing in C# with an octave pedal.
          Or, maybe a classical musician playing his G# as the bass note instead of the root of E.

Hm, interesting. The guitar was tuned to E standard when I received it (though maybe that was done intentionally before the sale) and I can't imagine a classical guitar player playing on a guitar like this any more than I can imagine Kerry King rocking a jazzy archtop, but I suppose it's definitely possible.

Either way, I intend to put way more wear on the board over the next couple years .

Comment

When you consider that most of the modern "shredders" are just playing classical scales with distortion and the occasional sweep pick, I don't find it unusual one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
              When you consider that most of the modern "shredders" are just playing classical scales with distortion and the occasional sweep pick, I don't find it unusual one bit.
              Hey I don't disagree, I grew up on Randy Rhoads . I meant more that someone would choose to play classical on a guitar like this loaded with EMG pickups (as it was originally). You never know though!

Comment

Yeah, I have one. Needs a tune up but I love it. I will never part with it.
                8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                X