Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson SL2Q Pro Soloist issues

Hi there

new member here just wanted to provide experience of receiving a sub par sl2q today

i had had read an awful lot on these before buying and got a good price so went for it,

issues with mine mine seem consistent with a lot of what I have read here and elsewhere; binding at the higher frets isn’t matching up and has large ridge the closer the neck meets the body. The neck joint also looks weird like either the neck isn’t matching the joint exactly.

i contacted the shop within a half hour of opening the box, I didn’t even plug the guitar in I just spent that time checking it over, kinda sucks as the guitar had been set up by the shop before sending out and was practically on perfect tuning too, floyd was also perfect

guess I will spin the wheel one more time and see what I get, if it’s the same I’ll invest in something else, I have a rg550 and a mij charvel so cal so I’ll be alrite, just always wanted one of these soloists just seems the constitent quality is not there

Where are these made?

Comment

The one I bought a while back that I posted a pic of has a sticker on the back of the headstock that says Made In Indonesia. Mine was almost perfect other than being played. Tommy D.
      "I'm going to try and work it out so at the end it's a pure guts race......because if it is.....I'm the only one that can win" - Steve Prefontaine

Comment

Not sure, but perhaps the binding issue you are referring to is where the clear coat ends, and the neck's satin finish begins? If so, this is not an issue, at all. I would love to see pics of what you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by veeshawn View Post
          Not sure, but perhaps the binding issue you are referring to is where the clear coat ends, and the neck's satin finish begins? If so, this is not an issue, at all. I would love to see pics of what you are describing.
          You are most probably spot on. Same thing on my Pro Series King V. It is quite obvious that it's the end of the clear coat, yet many fail to notice that.

Also not sure how the neck cannot match the joint correctly on a neck thru...

Comment

Working...
          X