Fusion Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion Confusion

Hello, hoping you guys can help me sort something out. In 1991 I purchased a brand new Jackson Professional Fusion w/Desert Crackle finish, from a local music store. It has spent most of it's life in it's case, like many of my guitars. Anyway, I was communicating with a friend who owns a 1990 Fusion, and we were comparing notes. Things got confusing when I told him the serial number on mine is 88623. Which is stamped on a made in USA P.O. Box 245 San Dimas neckplate. I know this was a new guitar when I bought it, because I was there when it was unboxed, so I don't see how anyone could have exchanged plates. So, does anyone know of any reason it would have this serial number and neckplate? Possibly, Jackson using up old plates in stock, or something?
    Thanks for any insight into this.

Five digit serial number immediately strikes me as peculiar, whether the origin is USA or Japanese of the Fusion era. It's more common to see four or six digits. Would love to see pics of that. Might help to shed some light on the situation.

To post pics, choose any free image host (https://www.google.ca/search?newwind...31.t7zo7Pi64_w), upload your photos there, and copy-paste the generated links back here in your next reply. For my host, I prefer https://imgur.com/, but most of the hosts are equivalent in function.

Comment

That serial number reminds me of the type used on the Limited ‘88 model:
      https://reverb.com/item/10575018-jac...1988-blue-jean

Comment

5 digits and a USA plate?

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostMachine View Post
          Hello, hoping you guys can help me sort something out. In 1991 I purchased a brand new Jackson Professional Fusion w/Desert Crackle finish, from a local music store. It has spent most of it's life in it's case, like many of my guitars. Anyway, I was communicating with a friend who owns a 1990 Fusion, and we were comparing notes. Things got confusing when I told him the serial number on mine is 88623. Which is stamped on a made in USA P.O. Box 245 San Dimas neckplate. I know this was a new guitar when I bought it, because I was there when it was unboxed, so I don't see how anyone could have exchanged plates. So, does anyone know of any reason it would have this serial number and neckplate? Possibly, Jackson using up old plates in stock, or something?
          Thanks for any insight into this.
          Yep, Jackson is known to be a mess in terms of this sorta stuff (and the unfortunate merger with Fender made things even more complicated and harder to track. Totally possible that it got a plate that was meant for another guitar...but I don't know if there's a way to really be sure.

The only thing I know for sure is the Fusions are my favorite guitar that Jackson ever made. I have a 91 Fusion Professional Pro (Japanese) that I got for under $200 and it's an absolutely incredible guitar that'll stay a regular player for me forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Customguitars87 View Post

Yep, Jackson is known to be a mess in terms of this sorta stuff (and the unfortunate merger with Fender made things even more complicated and harder to track. Totally possible that it got a plate that was meant for another guitar...but I don't know if there's a way to really be sure.

The only thing I know for sure is the Fusions are my favorite guitar that Jackson ever made. I have a 91 Fusion Professional Pro (Japanese) that I got for under $200 and it's an absolutely incredible guitar that'll stay a regular player for me forever.
            Fusion Pro professional for under $200 nice score!

Comment

Working...
            X