Jackson DK2 Dinky MIJ 2007 Upgraded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 Dinky MIJ 2007 Upgraded

I just upgraded the components of my Jackson DK2 Dinky MIJ 2007, I replaced the Licenced bridge for a Schaller Floyd Germany made, FR Brass sustain block, Schaller Mega switch, Fender CTS pots, Switchcraft Jack, and Seymour Duncan Red Devils, it feels like having a VW running like a Porsche 911 Carrera

https://soundcloud.com/fheder/jackson-dk2-solo

Last edited by DrJackson; 05-26-2019, 03:25 PM.

I just saw this on the Duncan forum with your new Red Devils. Nice job. Did you have any problem with the Schaller in that route? Looks like the baseplate is pretty close to the right side bottom wall of the route.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Saw this when you posted it on Facebook and I listened to your clip. Would have loved to hear a before-and-after comparison, especially using the middle and neck pickups too. Great playing though. And those are some nice upgrades. First time I've heard of the Duncan Red Devil... seems like a single coil sized Pearly Gates. About time something like that came along!

Comment

Sure, the Schaller's a better tremolo, but it also looks better in my opinion.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I just saw this on the Duncan forum with your new Red Devils. Nice job. Did you have any problem with the Schaller in that route? Looks like the baseplate is pretty close to the right side bottom wall of the route.
          Thank you! the Floyd routing appears to be dead perfect, I have full range of motion up and down, it's a little narrow in the right side but it doesn't touch in any part with the routing, in the left side the Schaller Floyd fills the gap better than the Original Floyd Rose

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Saw this when you posted it on Facebook and I listened to your clip. Would have loved to hear a before-and-after comparison, especially using the middle and neck pickups too. Great playing though. And those are some nice upgrades. First time I've heard of the Duncan Red Devil... seems like a single coil sized Pearly Gates. About time something like that came along!
            Thanks, I currently have a love and hate relationship with the Red Devils, I think they are overwound and lack of articulation and definition, I will wait and give it some time, to see if eventually I get used to them, otherwise, I will have to change them back, with everything else I've done I am more than happy, my JB screams more than ever and the guitar resonates incredibly, I'm thinking about making a comparison between the sound with the licensed bridge and the schaller bridge with the sustain block, I think this modification is very underrated

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
            Sure, the Schaller's a better tremolo, but it also looks better in my opinion.
            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by DrJackson View Post

Thank you! the Floyd routing appears to be dead perfect, I have full range of motion up and down, it's a little narrow in the right side but it doesn't touch in any part with the routing, in the left side the Schaller Floyd fills the gap better than the Original Floyd Rose
              Very cool. Don't think I've ever seen anyone actually put a Schaller in the route before.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                First time I've heard of the Duncan Red Devil... seems like a single coil sized Pearly Gates. About time something like that came along!
                The Red Devil is pretty new. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top signature pickup set.
                They've already made a Pearly Gates in single coil size quite awhile ago, available through their custom shop (with A2 magnet). http://customshop.seymourduncan.com/...tes-for-strat/
                You can order pretty much anything through their custom shop.

The Red Devils are a little different, hotter, and have an A5 magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

Very cool. Don't think I've ever seen anyone actually put a Schaller in the route before.
                  Yes, Here you can see that the FRO has a gap in the TOP but also in the BACK of the route comparing to the Schaller which has a greater similarity to the Jackson LowPro bridge

Last edited by DrJackson; 05-26-2019, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X