Carvin Locking Nuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Locking Nuts

Will the 1 11/16 locking nuts Carvin sells work on an import jackson neck? They say their front or back mounting, so it seems like a decent bet. The nut i had stripped out, so I want something thats pretty good quality.

Re: Carvin Locking Nuts

If it's the right size Floyd Rose locking nut (R2s are what I think they are), then it will work.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Yea, but Carvin sells the R3. Which is supposedly made for 1 11/16 necks with NO binding. But it will work for either, perhaps move the strings in a tad at the neck.

Comment

The neck i'm putting it on has no binding, so i hope it works out alright, its been a real pain getting the right sized nut for this guitar.

Comment

Isn't R2 1 5/8th? I think R4 is the 1 11/16th one...I know R5's 1 3/4.

Comment

You can buy an OFR nut from Warmoth I think. They should have whatever size you need. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Carvin claims 1 11/16 to be R3.

Comment

R1: 1 9/16"(Found on Kramer Nightswans and Proaxes methinks)
                R2: 1 5/8"(Found on Floyded Fender Strats and most strat copies)
                R3: 1 11/16"(My favourite nut [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], used on many Jacksons)
                R4: 1 11/16"(I think this one is for axes with binding, NOT SURE though)
                R5: 1 3/4"(George Lynch favors these nuts. Found on ESP Lynch models)

Any Floyd nut with a higher number after its R has a different string radius.

Comment

The R3 is used for guitars with binding. I had a R4 on my SL-4, and replaced it with the R3 since it was narrower to keep the high E from slipping off the fretboard.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    The R3 is used for guitars with binding. I had a R4 on my SL-4, and replaced it with the R3 since it was narrower to keep the high E from slipping off the fretboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok.. I guess i mixed the R4 and R3 up then [img]/images/graemlins/baby.gif[/img]
                    But the R3 is still my favourite!

Comment

Working...
                    X