DK2 stock pickups question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2 stock pickups question

I read so many posts about people changing the pickups, especially the bridge. I know they're Duncan Designed, so I automatically assumed I'd probably change them, but I find I am really enjoying them. Am I the only one who is going to keep them stock? Or does anyone else like them also and keep theirs stock?

Re: DK2 stock pickups question

All I say, your hears decide if thats good or not.

In this case they do not seem to be picky and more power to you my friend, because that means more cash in pocket to snipe that mint LTD going on eBay [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I tend to change the pickups for higher quality ones, but i live a long time with stocks.

Comment

I had a DR3 a while back, didn't care for the stock pickups much. Good guitar though.

Comment

Actually, my ears are very picky. I'm just liking these right now. But I am in the process of deciding between a Tone Zone or Duncan Distortion for the bridge. Kind of leaning towards the Tone Zone for a bit more bottom end.

Comment

The Duncan Distortion has good clarity as well as a tight low end. I believe it's Seymour Duncan's highest output pup.
          But either way, wouldn't both of your choices drown out the single coils ?

Comment

Actually everything I have is stock. I only change parts when they die.

Comment

The bridge pickup on my DK2 was pretty decent. It just seemed like it was missing something to me. I ended up putting a Duncan Custom Custom in there. I love the sound of the Custom Custom in this guitar.

I still have the Duncan Designed, and I think its good enough to try in another guitar.

Comment

Junior, it probably would, but those would eventually get replaced with stacked humbuckers. Which ones, I'm not sure. I tried a 'lil 59 in a tele once and loved it. I like the hot noiseless, or, could just go with the SD stacked pickups that these are supposed to be based on. But I'll wait on all of it because I would like to get a DK2 Eerie Dess first - I'd rather spend the money on another Dinky.

EvDog, what did the SD Custom Custom add to it?

Comment

i think taht Duncans highest ouput pick up is the Invader....I may be wrong though
                  I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    ...I automatically assumed I'd probably change them, ...Am I the only one who is going to keep them stock? Or does anyone else like them also and keep theirs stock?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are not alone Ckeer, I thought the same, that I would change them for more expensive ones. But I found them to be pretty good for stock pick ups, they produce a reasonable sound.

Comment

ckeer,

The Custom Custom had a little more output, was warmer, and the mids definately have more punch to them.

With a high gain sounds on my Vetta, the Custom Custom seems more tighter or focused, than the stock pickup.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        i think taht Duncans highest ouput pick up is the Invader....I may be wrong though

[/ QUOTE ] Doh! I forgot about the Invader and the Dimebucker.

Comment

Thanks EvDog. The custom custom sounds interesting. I will definitely keep that in mind. I'm used to Gibbys and strats and I know a lot about those pickups. But since Dinkys have brighter alder bodies with the FR type trems, I thought I would need more of a trembucker(?) type pickup, the ones made for guitars with Floyd Roses. But a regular SD or DiMarzio would work as well it sounds like.

Thanks Insane, as you can see I'm not in a rush. I play the dinky with my Marshall heads or Fender amps or a Classic 50 head, sounds great with all of them, although I did play around with tweaking the heights of the pickups and now have all of them sounding pretty good. For some reason, they sound exceptional with the Classic 50 - who'd have thunk it?

Comment

If you are pleased with the stock picups, I can't see any need for changing them..

Comment

Working...
                            X