Mij dk2m in dark blue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mij dk2m in dark blue?

Hey y'all hope all are well, I been hunting for a dk2m for about 2 months, I've come across the white,red and black but never a dark blue until today and I was wondering if these were some the later mij dk2m's made?If so about how many were made?sorry I have no pics-possible fake?
    Thank you

Trans blue like the first guitar, or cobalt/dark metallic blue like the second guitar? Either way, seems legit.

https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/77363-Trans-Blue-DK2M

https://reverb.com/ca/item/739157-ja...ple-floyd-rose

Comment

The dark metallic blue 2nd pic,that is it,only this one has duncans,that is one sweet axe.Would you happen to know any history of them?just want make sure,guitar is a bit overpriced I believe but in ex. Cond., guess I could ask them to pull the neck,huh.

Comment

Duncans would have been standard/stock.

Here is my investigation into the history and backstory of the DK2M. https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...lves-Backstory

Unfortunately the search was fruitless. Instead of finding evidence to corroborate that the DK2M was released by Jackson in response to heavy feedback or demand from JCF, I've resigned myself to believe the guitar magically appeared in the product offerings around 2006, coincidentally offering many specs and design features that made it an instant hit.

I think you're right, blue DK2Ms don't jog much of a memory for me either, but then again I wasn't very active on JCF during the mid-2000s up until about 2016 so I missed a lot of what was happening as it happened. The two blue examples I found above were the few I found in my Google search yesterday. I suddenly want one now.

Pulling the neck should reveal the build date stamps, if the seller doesn't mind doing that for you.

What would you consider overpriced for the one you're investigating? Normally I recommend staying under USD$300 for "deal alert" pricing but suddenly realizing a blue DK2M exists (and yours is purportedly in excellent condition) I might be willing to stretch a little for it.

Comment

Thanks for all your info,much appreciated,the dark blue dk2m has sold and asking price was $530,case included,was leaning towards the snowwhite but owell.Today I'm considering the newer dk2m mim,reallydigging the army drab green,how do these two compare, if anyone has owed both?Also is the build quality and playability up to par with the old mij jacksons?was reading it was inconsistent.Any suggestions on looking into any other newer f.r. jacksons around$700 max.
          Thanks

Comment

A few hundred more you can score a professional on reverb. There's a soloist on there white. I know he will go down to 900

Comment

I decided on a sl2 mah used an d she plays great,right there with my slsmg and pulling ahead each day,owner up graded it so I was thinking this indo is a player and it is,posting pics soon.
              thanks

Comment

That is a super nice looking DK. I have owned a bullseye that was cool but that one looks more "mature"

Comment

Working...
                X