Reflex pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflex pickups?

I bought 1992 Jackson soloist professional pro, and it has Reflex pickups (HSS). Can some one tell me more details about them? And reviews of sound: for what kind of music they were designed for? Are they any value nowadays?

here you go brotha >>

http://chinariffs.com/2013/06/a-legend-and-reflex-reds/

Comment

I´m not an expert but I replaced those pickups on my Soloist Professional Pro almost immediately when I got it. Now it has EMGs, 81-SA-SA set if I remember correctly. Those Reflex picups are not very good, that is my opinion. Another problem with that Jackson is that it is too heavy, but it is more difficult to fix. Perhaps trained termites could fix that..
      My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Seems to me some European models got those Reflex pickups from factory during that time whereas North American sold models didn't.
        Can't recall the model(s), but pretty sure they were the early mid '90s PROs.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Can't recall the model(s), but pretty sure they were the early mid '90s PROs.
          According to Henrik's site (https://web.archive.org/web/20180831...ofessional.php), only the Jackson Archtop Limited '91 came with Reflex pickups. I thought there were more too. Hmm.

Comment

Right, but pretty certain there's been threads on here about owners in Europe getting Reflex from factory, along with promotional material indicating this.
            I keep thinking one was from Great Britain.

All that said, I may be proven wrong.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Summa summarum: what I have read (here or somewhere else), Reflex pickups suck - gotta change them then!

Comment

I had a Jackson Dinky LT that had Reflexes.

Comment

Working...
                X