Adrian Smith SDX India vs Indonesia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith SDX India vs Indonesia

I'm looking at buying a used Adrian Smith SDX and wondering if there's any real difference / preference in where they're made at?
    Are the current production models made in India and the older ones were made in Indonesia?

Nope... all still made in Indonesia.
    The newer version lacks the stripe on the back of the neck and the 12th fret dots are a little wider.
    Still great guitars for the money.

I do recall the older ones had an issue with the high E slipping off the fretboard for some.
    Nut change fixed that.
    -Rick

Comment

Those can be great guitars with a change of the pots and output jack and a little fretwork. Killer value.

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
        Those can be great guitars with a change of the pots and output jack and a little fretwork. Killer value.
        Why stop there?
        Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-23-2019, 08:55 AM.
        -Rick

Comment

I keep forgetting - what is the routing under the pickguard? I think someone said a swimming pool.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I keep forgetting - what is the routing under the pickguard? I think someone said a swimming pool.
            Yep... you can go with any pickup config you want.
            -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              Yep... you can go with any pickup config you want.
              Not in mine, I have SSH-routing, and I bought mine in 2015 (could of course be older than that depending on stock/sales)
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                Not in mine, I have SSH-routing, and I bought mine in 2015 (could of course be older than that depending on stock/sales)
                Mine is a 2017... sounds like they changed a few things when they redesigned the necks.
                -Rick

Comment

Working...
                X