Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the SL4X

Hi all,

I've done some searching but there hasn't been much said on here about the SL4X. I've already got a 2007 DK2M that I love. I wanted to get a single coil guitar. Most of the Fenders I've tried haven't really done it for me. I really like the Jackson neck. I thought the SL4X might do the trick. I'd have to swap out the pups to get true single coil tones, but that is easily done. I especially like the new snow white one with a black pickguard. Classy look. I just wanted to find out from those who bought them what you think of them now that time has passed. I assume there are 500K pots in there, given the fact that the stock pickups are pretty hot humbuckers.

Thanks for any insight!

Mine and my friends were in tune when we opened the box.

Pit punches way above its weight class.

i bought a Carvel San Dimas around the same time and the Charvel is up for sale.

sL4x and an 89 spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by AngelDeVille View Post
      Mine and my friends were in tune when we opened the box.

Pit punches way above its weight class.

i bought a Carvel San Dimas around the same time and the Charvel is up for sale.
      High praise! Thanks for the insight, Angel. It seems like right now the only way to try one would be to buy one online and hope for the best. None of the local Jackson retailers have one.

Comment

I had been looking for a s/s/s for decades with a Floyd these are way better than their price point.

Comment

Do a search there was a thread on these when they 1st came out. You tube has some good videos on them also.

Comment

I’m so tempted to buy the blue and orange one too.... the white isn’t too thrilling to me.

Comment

Working...
            X