Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good are those Jackson pickups on the X series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are those Jackson pickups on the X series?

And particularly on this one: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...exq/2916131585

I'm gassing for a Kelly, but the thing that's holding me back those Jackson pickups. Yes, I could swap them for a set of Duncans, but then it would end up costing over $800, way too much for an Indonesian made guitar.

Better than you think.

I had an X Series soloist that held its own with my higher end guitars. I was planning a pickup swap until I plugged it in.

Don't let the pickups hold you back.

Comment

I assume the stock Jackson pickups in the current X Series are the same as the ones in the JS Series. I had a 2013 JS32T Rhoads that had Jackson pickups. They are made by Belcat. No model numbers indicated on the underside of the pickups, just the manufacturer (Belcat). They are quite hot yet articulate. Surprisingly good. Give them a fair try. Lots of "inexpensive guitar stuff" is quite good these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cokekolev View Post
        And particularly on this one: https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/...exq/2916131585

I'm gassing for a Kelly, but the thing that's holding me back those Jackson pickups. Yes, I could swap them for a set of Duncans, but then it would end up costing over $800, way too much for an Indonesian made guitar.
        To be honest, you can get a nice MIJ Kelly (like a KE3) for something like $300-350 these days and I really prefer those to these new Indonesian models. Often times they'll already be modded with a set of Duncans (very popular pup swap for this guitar) and you won't have to do anything at less than half the price you mentioned.
        Last edited by Customguitars87; 12-17-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I have an sl3x ... Playing it back to back with same amp setting to either my model 1c or my dkmg with emgs , the stock pickups are weak, after the holidays it will get a j90c, and a brass block, also doing a dst3 to a j90c brass block cts 500k pot and a switch craft jack..
          A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Working...
          X