New Guy here to the JCF online forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guy here to the JCF online forum

Hi I was looking for the place new people can introduce but I didn't see any so here I am.
    I started with Jacksons in 1987-88 when I was living in Fort Worth Texas,I was out driving around looking for music stores and saw an old "Swap shop" so I wheeled in there and was looking around and saw a guitar case on the ground with junk stacked on top of it,so I asked the man that was there what it was and if I could look at it,and he said sure,so after getting all the junk off I opened the case and there it was, a Jackson RR Student Dot model made in USA neck through,serial number RR0545 I believe it was,it was in the maybe Crimson/Magenta IDK the name of the color with the black pin striping,and I freaked out and immediately knew what the deal was,I was leaving with that guitar no matter what,so after the shock I asked the man if it was for sale and what was the price,he said $500 cash,so I was scrambling in mt brain what to do,so I told him to hide it and I would be right back and I had some old Roland rack gear and junk pedals and took it to the man and he cut me a deal of $375 cash with the items for trade,so I grabbed it and went on my way..it had the original SD Distortion/Jazz combo and it was string through body.

That guitar got ripped of from me in 1991' and that hurt alot,everybody that saw and or played my RR loved it !

I then had a Charvel Model 5 in bright Red,a Charvel with 1 hum in the Black Crackle finish with maple reverse neck with the early Jackson Floyd Rose and many other Jacksons including a USA Jackson Soloist in HSS with all S-Duncans and original Floyd Rose that I still have,but now my newest purchase Jackson SL2Q in Transparent Blue is my favorite,its the Indonesian made model and i don't care about that,it freaking smokes my USA model.

I have had a few Schecters and still own a Blackjack,and several Ibanez Premiums and Prestiges, but with my new Jackson I truly love it and happy to have tried the newer line of Jackson(s)..my plans are now to purchase maybe 3-5 more Jacksons/Charvels and have a lot of fun.

Gear wise nowadays its my newer EVH 5150-3 50 watt head with the matching Ivory 2-12" cab,and now 2 weeks ago a new PRS MT-15 head with 2 home made single 1-12' boxes with Eminence Legend V128's,pretty simple but effective setups..I am planning on maybe a Mesa Boogie single Rectifier Solo head 50 watt model,and maybe a PRS Archon head..50 or 100 watter,but like many I really don't need any more gear but GAS is always there,especially when looking through these awesome forums !

Gone are the early days with my Marshall stack and had to trim down to 2-12"s and single 1-12"s..I am too ragged out to carry that bigger gear around now but I am stupid thinking I may need 1 more 100 watt head !

If anyone here lives near Texarkana or Marshall Tx let me know,since I moved here to the boonies I have not found any other players for 3 years,so looking to jam !
    Last edited by moshpit903; 11-08-2018, 11:11 AM.

Welcome aboard! Lots of knowledgeable folks here...

Comment

Thank you for that ! I have already learned some valuable info that I could have used many times but now I have it and that's great.
      Looking at lots of threads starting from the top down I have seen so many members awesome Jacksons it great,I appreciate being able to look at high quality instruments and gain valuable info,win win for me.I plan on spending lots of time here going through all the threads..big problem though already,now I am completely Gassing for more Jacksons it's crazy I am selling my USA model to a friend that I have let use it for awhile now and he loves it so its goodbye and I will be able to get at least 2 for 1..looking at the DKMG in translucent red..going to be great!

Comment

Hey Moshpit! You have quite a history with Jacksons and gear! When I recently joined this site I was surprised that there wasn't an introductions page too. Oh well. I am new to Jacksons myself. I recently picked up a MIJ '94 MIJ Dinky XL from a pawn shop. Actually, I wasn't too sure what it was exactly, but got as much info as I could on the fly and picked it up at a great price. After I brought her home, this forum helped me figure out everything about it. I even have a page with the exact model and color from the 94 catalog. But I digress... Just re-stating that this is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable folks. I am already on the hunt for my next Jackson. Such great guitars!

Comment

welcome to the forum. cool story about that student model find too bad it was stolen. So i noticed you play shecters, how are the necks compared to the ibanez and jacksons? Oh im in Dallas btw!

Comment

A lot of folks hate to hear/disbelieve an import can perform as well as a high end guitar, but I too have a 2011 MIJ DKMGT that does all the important things as well as my USA's.

I replaced the plastic nut with bone as soon as I got it and only recently put Gotoh tuners in place of the old Korean Jackson tuners, but tuning was never an issue after the nut upgrade.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

welcome
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X