Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
    So, did you measure the scale?

Oh, wait. The direct mount pickups indicate the Dinky Reverse, not a Fusion.
    Right, I figured that was the case...

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    One is deep/dark metallic purple. The other seems to be deep/dark metallic blue.
    I honestly think that's the lighting in the pics, it really looks purple in person....and weren't those MIJ dinky rev pros only made in that dark purple and that granite black/white ?

Originally posted by ed View Post
    The reverb link one has the longer sustain block it says 41.28mm but if i recall they are 42mm. The warmoth link one has the 37mm sustain block that should be the one on your guitar. Other than the block they are both the same and direct replacement.

And sorry for the spam... didn't see the "needs admin approval" message until like the 3rd time I tried posting... oops

Well, I've already pulled the trigger on the reverb one, but it's memorial day so I doubt he's shipped yet and he accepts returns....
    BUT.... would a 5mm difference even matter? Plus I still have 2 perfectly fine blocks... probably the last part I'll need anyways. Is it even worth the extra $50 to get the warmoth one?

Thanks again for all the help guys....

-Ken

Comment

Does Stratosphere sell new stuff nowadays? I remember when he sold parted out guitar parts, albeit new guitars. Also, I have the twin of that blue/purple dinky reverse but mine has the maple fret board. I dont remember it having a schaller trem on it though. Thought it was one of those takeuchi lo pro jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
        Does Stratosphere sell new stuff nowadays? I remember when he sold parted out guitar parts, albeit new guitars. Also, I have the twin of that blue/purple dinky reverse but mine has the maple fret board. I dont remember it having a schaller trem on it though. Thought it was one of those takeuchi lo pro jobs.
        don't know him, but it says he has 10+ in stock and they're brand new.....

Both of mine came with the same trem, in the pic.

Comment

Originally posted by KenP View Post
          I honestly think that's the lighting in the pics, it really looks purple in person....and weren't those MIJ dinky rev pros only made in that dark purple and that granite black/white ?
          They were actually offered in the dark metallic blue, as well as candy blue at that time.

I owned a dark metallic purple from '94 when they went to the JT580LP (same dark purple as your first one), and I owned a candy apple green model which was like a '95 or '96 also with JT580LP.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ken,

The Schaller on Reverb has a 1 5/8” inch nut. My Jacksons are 1 11/16”. Something to be aware of.

Comment

They were actually offered in the dark metallic blue, as well as candy blue at that time.

I owned a dark metallic purple from '94 when they went to the JT580LP (same dark purple as your first one), and I owned a candy apple green model which was like a '95 or '96 also with JT580LP.
              That explains why mine has the 580lp and not the 590, must be newer than his.

Comment

I knew I'd seen a catalog with a picture of just those 2 colors (had to google to find it), but apparently '93 had 4 colors? "BLK, DMV, CB, STONE" - I'm guessing DMV = deep metallic violet?

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...93_catalog.pdf

Originally posted by CaptNasty View Post
                Ken,

The Schaller on Reverb has a 1 5/8” inch nut. My Jacksons are 1 11/16”. Something to be aware of.
                ahh bah! haha, well at least as long as the bridge itself is a match I'm still coming out ahead....

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  That explains why mine has the 580lp and not the 590, must be newer than his.
                  Yes, '94 was the first year for the JT580LP on those, but it's got a square baseplate. After that came the rounded baseplates on them.

Comment

Originally posted by KenP View Post
                    I knew I'd seen a catalog with a picture of just those 2 colors (had to google to find it), but apparently '93 had 4 colors? "BLK, DMV, CB, STONE" - I'm guessing DMV = deep metallic violet?
                    Yes, deep metallic violet. On the back page of most catalogs, it will give you the color abbreviations. Jackson even has the old catalogs on their site. https://www.jacksonguitars.com/support

Comment

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...93_catalog.pdf

So my new one must be candy blue :O

Comment

Yep, my Fusion SX is the same colour.

Comment

Turns out the original block is 32mm so the difference is a full cm, which is too far. But I'd already planned on swapping in the original...

She's looking purdy with that new bridge!

Comment

Makes sense. All of my recessed Floyds on Jacksons use 32mm blocks. Non-recessed use 37mm. The 42mm is for thicker bodied guitars (that are probably non-recessed too). My non-recessed are very close to taking a 42mm, but I have not tried it yet. The tremolo cavity cover might interfere with a 42mm it is so close.

Is the original block you transferred to the Schaller brass?
                            Last edited by CaptNasty; 06-04-2018, 01:31 PM.

Comment

I really don't know... it doesn't have a yellow/copper tint to it at all.... just silver like in the pic.

Comment

It is hard to tell from the pic. I know OFRs have nickel coated brass sustain blocks stock. It would be such a shame to get the Schaller and sonically neuter it with a pot metal or aluminum block. My son has a JP16 with a FR Pro 1000 series on it. MusicMan used pot metal sustain blocks on the JP16 and the guitar sounded thin. We put a brass block in it and the tone was improved immensely. Then we got a Tungsten block and installed it and the guitar really came to life.

The nickel coated brass has a golden/brass hue underlying the silver. If it is straight up silver you probably have a pot metal or aluminum block there. Upgrading it is well worth the cost and effort IMO.
                                Last edited by CaptNasty; 06-04-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X