NUGD! My first Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUGD! My first Jackson!

I picked up a used 1996 MIJ DK2 in Eerie Dess Swirl on eBay the other day. It was delivered yesterday.

Serial Number is 9680765.

Here are some pics:

It hasn't been set up yet but it's a lot of fun to play. The previous owner upgraded the stock Duncan Designed pickups to a JB in the bridge, a Little '59 in the middle, and a DiMarzio FS-1 in the neck. It came with a strange pink Gator hard case with the original pickups and an Ibanez AHS1 and AHS2 still in it. How much do you guys think I could get for the old pickups?

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! These guitars were produced from 1998 to 2006 with chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pickups, and then with black hardware and Seymour Duncan pickups until 2011. The point is, the serial number starting with 96xxxxx is not indicative of the production year of 1996. I'm sure forum member Mudlark will come along and narrow down the date.

More precisely, you can disassemble the neck from the body, and look for the stamps on the neck heel and in the neck pocket to see when the guitar was made.

I'd say try for $20 for the three Duncan Designed pickups as a set, and $20 for the two Ibanez Axis pickups as a set. These are pickups meant for mid-range guitars and will not necessarily command a price comparable to proper brand name pickups like Seymour Duncan, DiMarzio, or EMG. People won't purposely seek out these pickups unless perhaps they're trying to return their mid-range guitars to stock configuration.
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 05-23-2018, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the information and the estimate for the pickups. I went through the Jackson identification thread and tried my best to pin the guitar down. Can't wait to find out what year it actually is.

Comment

Very nice. One of the cooler ED Swirls I've seen on the imports.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

2002 would be most likely, though some don't exactly 'follow the rules'.
          Those numbers ran in sequence.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sweet! Always love a good EDS!

Comment

A 2002? Cool. And thanks for the compliments on the guitar, guys. I always wanted to own an EDS Jackson. Now my eyes are set on a ghost flame soloist.

Comment

Working...
              X