1st Jackson is here!! Pickup Advice Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks wrong handed!

I have a J90C w/Mid boost stock in a 1992 RR and it sounds fantastic.

I have J90C's in other guitars too. Good strong pickup.

Comment

Looks "right" handed to me :P
      The pickup is supposed to be here Monday! I'm pretty excited, to be honest.
      Last edited by helsinkirocks; 05-12-2018, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Well, I got the J90C installed, took a good bit of dremel work, looks like this particular one was made for direct mounting, so i had widen the cavity, and the pickup ring. But she's in there and sounds great! It's so much better than the HB103B. Gonna take some getting used to, none of my pickups sound quite like this! But I like it!! Next up I think I want to get some locking tuners? Seems to have a bit of trouble holding tune, I already tried lubing the saddles and the nut with graphite.

Here she is...

Comment

Originally posted by helsinkirocks View Post
          Well, I got the J90C installed, took a good bit of dremel work, looks like this particular one was made for direct mounting, so i had widen the cavity, and the pickup ring.

Either that or the standard pickup wasn't F-Spaced, which would be rather odd in this day and age
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Jackson covered pickups have always been larger the other pickups. the pick up rings are also bigger for this.

Comment

It wasn't a ton, but I had to square the holes a bit more, and take some wood off the front and back. I think considering I didn't have to route anything for the other covered pickup other than the ring, I think the J90C cover was just bigger overall.

Comment

Working...
              X