NGD- Pro Series DK2M Ltd. Ed. Green Slime Swirl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD- Pro Series DK2M Ltd. Ed. Green Slime Swirl

Couldn't help myself. I snagged this despite having bought the Yellow Bengal version and flipping it within months. It still can't run with my USA CS J/C's nor with the more recent Charvel Pro Mod DK24's. In particular, the JB in it sounds muted and muffled (no, I didn't accidentally roll the tone and/or volume knob back. ) but that's likely an easy fix. New and better suited p'up. LOL The FRTO2000 is as you'd expect- not bad but not a real-deal OFR, either. The neck is comfy, not Charvel Pro Mod comfy but comfy, and it needs a slight fret dressing even with the maple expanding ever so slightly in the recently-arrived May humidity. I find the binding a tad unnecessary, aesthetically speaking, and it serves no purpose from a playability standpoint.

I suspect I keep buying these with the intent of modding the f*ck outta them and creating a Wonder Mutt. Certainly this has many of the qualities needed to do that. The finish is it's biggest selling point though, with one of the better swirls I've seen come from this series.

I'll try a new p'up and a OFR or LockMeister w/ a brass big block and see what happens. Stay tuned...
    Last edited by vector; 05-04-2018, 02:09 PM.

That's definitely a good swirl on that one, nice catch.

2 things bug me with these: no sharkies & the solid green headstock face, would've been better with just maple.

I wasn't keen on the crackle but this & the Bengal are gorgeous. Jackson need more of this sort of thing.

Comment

Congrats! Nice swirl.

Comment

Cool. I like the black binding around the green headstock.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Nice swirl on that one! Grats!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good looking swirl indeed. Too bad Jackson didn't do sharkfins on these.

If it had swirled headstock also it would look even cooler. That headstock is already green so you would only have to sand that logo off and dip it in black and clear Marble Magic paint and get new logo and clear it.

I would try ceramic magnet on that JB. That is cheap and easy mod.

Comment

I like that a lot. Very cool score.

Comment

That's cool.
                It would have been better if they swirled the headstock.
                I had an older DK2M with the blue bengal finish that I wish I hadn't sold.

Comment

Working...
                X