Replacing Locking Nut on a '96 King V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Locking Nut on a '96 King V

Yesterday I picked up a 1996 King V Standard. It's fairly beat up and needs a few small repairs before it will be playable again. The guitar is missing the top screw-on bar piece of the locking nut, and I'm unsure as to which is the correct replacement. I did some Googling and haven't been able to find out specifically how to identify which nut will fit my guitar. The nut width is about 43.4mm, give or take a tenth. No binding.

Does anyone know which locking nut would work?

Check out Floyd rose site. There is a reference chart to help pick the correct one.

Comment

Are you referring to the whole locknut base, or the string retainer bar that goes above some nuts to apply downward pressure on the strings? If you mean the bar, it doesnt have one. Jackson tilted headstocks dont use them. If you have 2 holes drilled for one then someone added one at one time. If there are holes, are you sure the holes are not really for the trussrod cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrippedv View Post
        Check out Floyd rose site. There is a reference chart to help pick the correct one.
        I looked all over the floyd site and could not find it..have a link??
        A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Click this link then scroll down. You will see the chart
          https://floydrose.com/products/origi...nt=30510945234

Comment

Working...
          X