Help what Model Jackson is this?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help what Model Jackson is this?????

Super frustrated trying to figure out what model Jackson this. It was sold to me as a Fusion HH. However it has an 8 digit 00 serial# so that rules it out. Plus supposedly fusions only had black hardware. IMO it's a mad in India soloist but supposedly soloists never had bolt on necks. It's 24 frets and 24.75" scale so not a Dinky. Anyone?????

Soloists are neckthru guitars. It is not a soloist. Fusions are 24.75inch scale however im not sure i ever saw a fusion with a reverse headstock. Also the neckplaste could have been changed. Take the neck off and see what it says in the pocket and the end of the neck. Jacksons usually have the model name in the neck pocket and the end off the neck.

Also the hardware might have been channged by previous owner. Looks like the blade switch has been changed toa toggle.
    Last edited by ed; 03-21-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I think that'S a parts mutt.
      The neck looks like it came off a Dinky Rev, I have 2 of those and I don't remember any other Jackson bolt-on with offset dots and a reverse head stock.
      The body could be any Dinky or Fusion.
      I agree that the hardware looks like it's been changed.

Comment

It's a tough one. The serial indicates 1999, India. Sad part is...Indian models generally don't have useful stamps in the neck pocket.

Though, if it is a mutt, the neck or body may be Japanese and those should have stamps. It's worth checking.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cheap.

Comment

That's helpful.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Interesting. According to the database http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ries_1990-1995 there are no Fusions with reverse headstocks. I also don't recall personally seeing any Fusions with reverse headstocks.

Not to sound patronizing, but just want to be sure; you are absolutely convinced that the scale length is exactly 24.75" and not 25.5"? You measured it yourself, instead of relying on what you were previously told? To measure: Distance from the edge of the nut to the 12th fret, then multiply that by 2.

Comment

Oh, yeah, I missed the scale thing.
                I'd also suggest re-measuring.

Comment

Working...
                X