soloist elite battery dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• soloist elite battery dying

Hello, I have a soloist elite that has some sort of short. The guitar draws power from the battery 24/7, even when it is sitting in the case. I believe it is only supposed to draw power when a cord is plugged into the jack. Has anyone experienced this type of issue or know how to possibly diagnose the problem?

thanks

Do you have an ohmmeter? You should be able to disconnect the battery and then read resistance across +/- and verify it is an open circuit when the cable is unplugged.

Comment

thanks, i could check that later. Something has to be drawing power 24/7 as multiple times I've pulled the guitar from the case and the battery would be dead. There is also no difference in sound when you turn the control knob on the guitar.

Comment

Does it have emgs or why does it have battery? Or did they have the boost thingy? That is why active electronics usually have the stereo jack so it cuts the power when you take the cable out from the guitar.
        Last edited by ed; 03-07-2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Elite models have midboost from factory. +10db if I remember correctly.

Comment

I've read the battery is for a boost, also read something about an EQ. It has seymour duncan pickups.
            I measured across the terminals in the battery compartment and am getting a reading of 447 ohms. Whatever that means.

Comment

nothing was connected to the guitar jack

Comment

Originally posted by jacksin View Post
                I've read the battery is for a boost, also read something about an EQ. It has seymour duncan pickups.
                I measured across the terminals in the battery compartment and am getting a reading of 447 ohms. Whatever that means.
                If you are getting a value of 447 with the plug out of the jack, something isn't right. It should be an open, you've its got a problem. Beyond that you'll need to troubleshoot it, hard to do over the interwebs.

Comment

So now you know how to retest after any attempted repair. It should be an open circuit.

Comment

thanks
                    prolly just going to replace with a set of EMG's

Comment

the tabs on the jack are probably bent wrong and need bent right.

Comment

^ that is possible. I'd inspect the input jack..
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

not sure what to look for, but I'll take a peek and see whats there
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jacksin View Post
                            not sure what to look for, but I'll take a peek and see whats there
                            thanks
                            Look to make sure that the positive and negative leads aren't touching in any way.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

all connections were solid and separate from each other

Comment

Working...
                              X