Thoughts on the new Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the new Jacksons?

Finally there's a pro Warrior, but it's a pricey 7-strings Dave Davidson signature. Still no Pro Kelly... The purple metallic SL2 is sexy as hell though. The move toward more mahogany continues for some reason. The X-Series now cheapened all around with Jackson pickups.

I was kinda hoping (and knowing it was futile) Jackson would bring back the original Warrior Pro. I do like the new finishes on the SL2Q, but I really have to see these in the flesh before considering ordering one.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I saw a new JS Rhoads that was being called a Concorde. The Concorde to me was the original white/black pinstripes behemoth, not the Rhoads shape. Correct?
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

https://www.jacksonguitars.com/gear/new?sort=new

SOME X Series guitars have Jackson pickups (likely made by Belcat, like the JS32T Rhoads I briefly owned, which actually sounded surprisingly great) while other X Series guitars still have Duncan Designed pickups.

I'm glad the Mick Thomson Soloist has a specially designed, Floyd-like, recessed hardtail bridge made for that guitar. While I applaud the genius of Mike Shannon improvising by fixing a Floyd into the first run of Mick's Soloists, that seemed like a cobbled-together, odd solution. The idea of a new proprietary bridge design seems more well though out.

Is it just me or do the Chris Broderick hardtail Soloists have new hardtail bridge designs too? I nearly thought those were Hannes bridges until I zoomed in.
        Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 01-26-2018, 09:23 AM.

Comment

They still need to correct the sharkies
          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I wonder why are they moving towards Mahogany bodies for almost all the models? I dig the Alder/Maple combo Glad my KV pro isn't Mahogany. Because, if I get Mahogany, I'd like the neck to be Mahogany too.

Comment

Originally posted by Yash View Post
              I wonder why are they moving towards Mahogany bodies for almost all the models? I dig the Alder/Maple combo Glad my KV pro isn't Mahogany. Because, if I get Mahogany, I'd like the neck to be Mahogany too.
              There are many kinds of wood that are technically "mahogany" that aren't really what you think of as "mahogany" and can be quite cheap. I bet it's because they don't want to use basswood due to screws stripping holes in the body easily and it's (somewhat undeserved) reputation as a "cheap" wood. Alder might be too expensive on a large scale.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                There are many kinds of wood that are technically "mahogany" that aren't really what you think of as "mahogany" and can be quite cheap.

BC Rich's Nato comes to mind
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yash View Post
                  Thinking business minded only, it's most likely due to cost, availability, and consistency in product.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                    There are many kinds of wood that are technically "mahogany" that aren't really what you think of as "mahogany" and can be quite cheap. I bet it's because they don't want to use basswood due to screws stripping holes in the body easily and it's (somewhat undeserved) reputation as a "cheap" wood. Alder might be too expensive on a large scale.
                    The ever popular Agathis comes to mind. Its often likened to mahogany, tonally, but its really a soft type of pine tree.

Comment

The SL4X and SL2Q keep calling me...
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I'd rather stick to Alder guitars. Or real Mahogany... But, what is real mahogany? The good quality ones. And Jackson did state about the Nato bodies.

Comment

Working...
                        X