Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tuning Machines and other Hardware - ASIA. Can you name the brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuning Machines and other Hardware - ASIA. Can you name the brands?

Well, I swear I used the "search" feature but I couldn't find it.

I do not mean the factory or country of the guitar itself. I would like to know the suppliers for tuning gears, bridge, electronics and so. Any hint?

With all the latest changes in Jackson production, I'm lost. A long time ago, several bridges were made by Takeuchi, for example. Do you guys know something about the parts themselves?

Thanks!

Not sure about 2012 and later, but many Jackson tuners on imports during the 2000's were made in Korea by Jin Ho.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think I may have known a few Gin Ho's back im my clubbing days...
      A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        Not sure about 2012 and later, but many Jackson tuners on imports during the 2000's were made in Korea by Jin Ho.
        These are essentially Gotoh SG38 copies aren't they? Other than the tuner button having a slightly different shape, they basically have the same overall look:

A 2013 Jackson JS32T Rhoads I once owned:

Gotoh SG38:

Originally posted by phragle View Post
        I think I may have known a few Gin Ho's back im my clubbing days...

Not to be confused with "Chin Ho" from The Simpsons:

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-07-2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Should be an SG38 copy if things haven't changed since Indian/Japan production stopped. The Jin Ho's on my DKMGT are a direct replacement for my USA's Gotohs.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X