Whammy Bar Replacement... DKA-M???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy Bar Replacement... DKA-M???

Hi! Finally got my JS-32 DKA-M after waiting for 2 months. Got it to replace my 30 year old BC Rich Platinum ST, which is tired.

It's pretty decent for the price. Plays really nice. But I knew going in that they say the bar will loosen up on it.

The bar has no play when tightened up (unlike my kids OFR on his LTD which is wobbly all the time).

Its tha damn collar that unscrews when you pull the bar into wham position.

I tried the teflon method. No work.

My question is; will a replacement authentic floyd bar and coupling fit? And even if it does fit, is the OFR bar still a POS and will it still be sloppy? If anyone knows? Thanks!

https://floydrose.com/collections/pa...nt=29922878802

The older trems were a direct swap to OFr for the whole bar unit. I think they're around $20 or so. Just remove the bar and assume completely and measure the opening in the plate.

Comment

Everyone has their preference, but I've read about more people trying to replace the standard OFR bar assembly rather than switch to it. There are options ranging from push in to set screw. Floyd rose themselves even have a few options.

Im not too picky about it so I haven't tried swapping them. I'm not sure what fits what exactly, but I think a lot of people are satisfied with gotohs version. The whole trem can be had for between $100-125 brand new and is considered by most to be an upgrade from a German ofr. I'm not sure about just the arm assembly.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Thanks for the info. Was just about to buy one (which I might yet), but I took a spring from a click pen and dropped in the hole. Seemed to work. Gonna Vai test it in a bit.

Comment

Working...
        X