Jackson DK2 vs SL3MG quality.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2 vs SL3MG quality.

I recently bought a Jackson SL3MG and i think it's a great player for not a lot of money. How is the Jackson DK2, the one with real Duncans and black hardware compared to the SL3MG in terms og build quality and playability?

Exactly the same, build quality wise. Just comes down to specs.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Built by the same people, so it would have to come down to the individual guitars in question.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Cool, i'm eyeballing a DK2 with the Eerie Desert Swirl paintjob, always wanted one of those.

Comment

Chrome hardware and the EDS finish would indicate an early 2000's-2005 model. They went to black hardware in '06 and the Duncan Designed pickups changed to real Duncans.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Is it a Floyd special or the better ones?

Comment

They had JT580LP Jackson licensed tremolos until 2011, but I really don't know much about them quality wise.

Comment

Ahh, ok. I would probably look at a Schaller or Gotoh for replacement then.

Comment

Pretty sure a lot of people have put OFR's in place of a 580 LP.

Comment

An OFR would be a direct swap. See here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp

Comment

I think he's meaning that he's going to go with either a Schaller or gotoh over 580lp or OFR. If the Schaller fits.. lol

Comment

Schaller or Gotoh are way cheaper than OFR where i live and still do the job just fine IMO. However if there is visible routing to make them fit, OFR it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BQlleFrQ View Post
                          Schaller or Gotoh are way cheaper than OFR where i live and still do the job just fine IMO. However if there is visible routing to make them fit, OFR it is.
                          I believe only differences in mounting are the diameters of the posts that come with each. They will all work with the others though, just leave the old ones in.

A Schaller and a Floyd are almost identical and the gotoh is similar enough that, as far as I know, if one fits, the other two fit as well.
                          Last edited by TKEblue; 06-27-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X