Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Another Minion - Here's my opinion

Holy crap, what an awesome little axe.

I treated my eldest to his first real guitar (honestly, I did it for me too), just had to wait for one to be available locally & at a better price than they usually sell gits for down here.

The bad - needs heavier strings to cut back on the floppiness & the paint is inconsistent, there's dark & light patches throughout although hard to see.

The good - pretty much everything else, other than the paint patchiness it's pretty solid, neck/heel join is tight & neat, fret ends are smooth & clean, tuners aren't loose/rattly, sounds really good for a guitar of this level, paper light weight (a negative for some but not for my son), knobs turn smoothly, hardly any fret buzz despite the floppy strings.

These Chinese Jacksons are seriously hot stuff for the money.

I had planned on getting the white V too but it had sold the day before, bummer.

Everyone needs an amp so I got him the 30w Spider IV, sounds really great.

Good dad!!!!

Comment

That is so cool man! I hope he's as excited as I imagine you are.

My daughter is 2 and she loves my guitars. She loves to sing while I play.
      I keep my acoustic guitars in the corner behind where the couch and end table meet and she sneaks back there when I'm not paying attention and will strum a note then sing a little, strum a note, sing a little. I ask her, "do you want a guitar, baby?" She says "I do" and smiles. I've gotten her a few kids keyboards and she likes those as well but I'm going to get her one of those child size toy guitars if I can find one that's not complete junk. I really can't wait until she's old enough for a real guitar.

The fretboard on there looks nice and love the slime green. It's good to hear that they are workable instruments
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

A Jackson guitar and a Maiden t-shirt? You're raising him well! Congrats on a cool guitar.

Comment

It all starts with your first cool guitar.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I'm definitely raising them right. They spend the week with their mother who listens to anything & their stepfather likes country & crap like that so they're gagging for the weekends when they can come round & go through my metal.

They're favorites seem to be Maiden, obviously, Running Wild, Poison, Def Leppard, King Diamond, Kreator, Accept, Motley Crue & my band of course, Ilium.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

That's pretty awesome!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that's cool. Great colour too
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X