Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson dk2 eerie dess swirl versions

Hi to everyone. I'm new here.

i´m loooking for a jackson dk2 eerie dess swirl, and i found two differents versions.

1.-black hardware, SD pickups
    2.-chrome hardware, DD pickups

i can't see easily, more differences between both guitars. Any idea?

Thanks for all.

Welcome to the forum. Older models had the Duncan Designed pups with chrome hardware.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

that's basically it. Some time after the Fender takeover, they put proper Seymours in the Japanese guitars and changed the hardware colour. Around 2002 IIRC
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Wasn't it '06 ~ ish?

Comment

Yes, '06. Chrome to black and pickup upgrades on many models.

The SL3 even got a FRT02000 in place of the chrome JT580LP. '06 was a big year for imports.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks to all for the replies

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Yes, '06. Chrome to black and pickup upgrades on many models.

The SL3 even got a FRT02000 in place of the chrome JT580LP. '06 was a big year for imports.
              Just the chrome to black is a big bridge upgrade. Lol
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I remember so many of us JCFers back in the 2000s crying about chrome hardware on the imports looking cheap. Glad Jackson switched to black.

Same thing for the lack of binding and lack of brand name American pickups. These were genuine selling points when compared to LTD guitars at the time which had EMGs/Duncans, binding, and sleek looks complimented with appropriate hardware colors (usually black, sometimes gold).

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  I remember so many of us JCFers back in the 2000s crying about chrome hardware on the imports looking cheap. Glad Jackson switched to black.

Same thing for the lack of binding and lack of brand name American pickups. These were genuine selling points when compared to LTD guitars at the time which had EMGs/Duncans, binding, and sleek looks complimented with appropriate hardware colors (usually black, sometimes gold).
                  If i get the older version, in your opinion, which upgrade will be recommended. I mean pickups, floyd rose, etc.

Comment

Technically, the pickups would be the only "upgrade" you could make to the older version to match the newer version, going from Duncan Designed pickups (on the older version) to Seymour Duncan pickups (on the newer version).

The changes to the hardware (bridge, locking nut, tuners, controls, etc.) were cosmetic only (chrome to black). If you like the chrome look, keep it. If you prefer the black look, you will need to switch to black, but it is not considered an "upgrade".

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      Technically, the pickups would be the only "upgrade" you could make to the older version to match the newer version, going from Duncan Designed pickups (on the older version) to Seymour Duncan pickups (on the newer version).

The changes to the hardware (bridge, locking nut, tuners, controls, etc.) were cosmetic only (chrome to black). If you like the chrome look, keep it. If you prefer the black look, you will need to switch to black, but it is not considered an "upgrade".
                      i have the older version with the designed pickups. they sound really good, but now my curiosity is piqued: what would be the sonic differences between the designed and the duncan pickups? since there are two single coils and a humbucker, i could start with a changed humbucker and go from there. any duncan humbucker?

play music!
                      Check out my Snakeskin's Virtual Music Museum https://muscmp.wordpress.com/

Comment

There should be youtube videos comparing SD's with DD.
                        The DK2 DD should be based on a USA SD model I'd assume? The 2001-3 catalogues probably list which DD they came with.
                        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                        X