No announcement yet.

My First Jackson Guitar (Unknown Model)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Jackson Guitar (Unknown Model)

Its my first post at the forums,just joined the big Jackson family today,buying my first Japanese guitar

I ll try to note some of its features,cause i tried hard to track down the exact model,with no success.

Head stock says professional series,it has a Dinky style body and HSH config,licenced floyd(jt-590 ?) 24 frets with dot inlays,and the serial is 502765

Checked all Jackson catalogs i found online,but it is not there. Its like combined parts from the professional series era into a single instrument by someone,or maybe Jackson did it for me?? :P

Do they really exist some 'no series' hybrid models ?

Hope to find some answers here

By the way the instrument looks feels and sounds AMAZING

Let me know any additional info you might need guys.

Thank you all in advance
    Last edited by Smog; 04-28-2017, 06:05 PM.

The serial is '95, but you should post a pic to determine the model. It could well be a swapped neck and we could guess for hours.
    The model can't be determined with a serial anyway.

You need to post pics on a site such as photobucket or, my fav 'cause it's simple, imagebucket.
    Then copy the link here.

Could be an early DX2 as an early guess. Matching coloured headstock?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thank you for your fast and knowledgeable reply

I ll post some pics tomorrow morning and you ll see on your own,and yes the headstock is black like the guitar.Volume and tone knobs,and input jack is on the side.

Edit:you have a PM with some pics i found online.

I will post some actual ones for the flow of the topic too.
      Last edited by Smog; 04-28-2017, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Those are ok to post as long as you aren't the one selling.
        The link is a '97 DX2, so I expect you have a '95. They weren't released until '96, but it's common to see a model made late in the year before it's released.

Unfortunately, a black headstock wouldn't be considered matching since black is the default hs colour. A blue guitar with a blue headstock would be an example of a matching hs.

If you go to the official Jackson page you'll find the '96-'97 catalogues with the DX2 and the specs.
        Post pics if you can. Never hurts to be sure.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Check out my Indian ink thread in the Tech section if you wanna' make that rosewood as black as the guitar. That'd be badass.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the club!
            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Welcome. The DK3 was also H/S/H, as was the ATX, but I believe the ATX was only available for the Australian or European market.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                Unfortunately, a black headstock wouldn't be considered matching since black is the default hs colour. A blue guitar with a blue headstock would be an example of a matching hs.
                Well, if it's a black guitar with a black headstock, even if that is standard, it's still matching. One of the very reasons I love black guitars.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

You know what I meant.

Comment

That would be a DX2 with the dot inlays.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Damn, that rosewood is practically black already.

Comment

Thanks for your Help guys,you nailed it !

I am facing a last problem before the guitar is ready to rock,i need a new locking nut,one of the holes where you screw the wee blocks in is damaged.

Even without the locking nut tuning is pretty stable if i dont use the tremolo,but I need to get it sorted...

Do you know which are the correct nut dimensions? tried to measure them myself,but i am sure that i am not accurate.
                        Also,where do you guys get the parts from,mainly online i guess ?

Thanks in advance,you rule guys : )

Comment

Someone my have a better answer, but check ebay for a Jackson JT580. There may be a nut sold separately there.

Comment

Working...
                          X