Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warren DeMartini Snake guitar now with Floyd Rose Special?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren DeMartini Snake guitar now with Floyd Rose Special?

Have a look here:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MartiniSnake

I've long been feeling that more and more guitars are appearing with the Floyd Rose Special, rather than the Korean-made Floyd. That's fine, but it bothers me when I see guitars costing around $1000 with that bridge. I get the feeling that this is happening more and more to cut costs.

Sweetwater had two of the DeMartini Snakeskin guitars and if you compared both in their site, one of the guitars had a Korean Floyd and the other had the Special. Not sure if that's a mistake but if I paid that much for a guitar, I would be pretty annoyed to see it has that bridge on it.

I'm no tremolo player, so maybe I'm uniformed, but a Special on a $1000+ guitar doesn't seem right to me either. If they won't do the OFR I'd expect the FRT02000 or whichever colour of that series that'd be appropriate. The Special seems more suitable to the X, or even JS series.

Perhaps they've surmised many people are gonna' switch it to an OFR anyways?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Sorry I put this in the wrong forum.

The strange thing is, the other model they had in stock had an FRT O-1000, which are Korean made and generally used on guitars in that price range. I think putting a Special on that guitar is pretty lame.

Comment

Wrong forum? Seems fine in the import section.
        That guitar shown on the Sweetwater link is a 2016, where did you see it listed as a Special? Mistakes are often made in spec listings.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
          Wrong forum? Seems fine in the import section.
          That guitar shown on the Sweetwater link is a 2016, where did you see it listed as a Special? Mistakes are often made in spec listings.
          That's the issue with me; it's not listed in the specs, but if you look closely at the photos, the bridge is a Special. Yes u can zoom in on the pics on Sweetwater's site.
          They had another one of thew guitars last week and if you compare them side-by-side like Sweetwater allows, the other guitar had the FRT1000.

Last edited by Scream And Fly; 02-15-2017, 03:11 AM.

Comment

The specials are pretty solid. The one on my KEXMG stays in tune fine. I do some pretty aggressive dives too. Far better than the jt580lp! I haven't compared to an ofr but I have tried a guitar with Korean one and it felt very similar to me. I do think more expensive guitars should have the real deal bridge though.
            2014 Jackson KEXMG - Gloss Black with Seymour Duncan Black winter
            Charvel Desolation Star DST-1 - Transparent Black
            Epiphone "1958" Korina Explorer - Ebony

Peavey 5150 II
            Peavey Valve King 4x12 Slant Cab

Comment

Working...
            X