Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brass block upgrade for JT580 trem

Hi there,

I've been searching all over for an answer to this, but so far I've had zero luck. I want to replace the Takeuchi zinc block on my MIJ SL3's JT580 locking trem (NOT the Lo-Pro model) with a brass block. As the screw holes don't line up with an OFR's baseplate, off the shelf blocks from the likes of Fu-Tone aren't compatible. Does anyone on here happen to know anyone who might be able to make one for me? There are a number of guys on eBay who offer made to order blocks for Fender trems, but no one seems to cater for Floyd-style units.

I don't want to replace the whole tremolo unit with an OFR, as a huge gap will be left on one side due to the routing of these units.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex

The only one I know about is this one:

http://www.killerguitarcomponents.co...o-block-detail

I have a couple of Takeuchi trems, and I think this would fit it. Mine have the trem arm that screws into the trem block like a Fender style trem.
    A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

You may want to contact a guy named "hookey" (or hoockey) on ebay.....he may be able to help you out.
      "Hail to the Wasted".......Zinny J. Zan

Comment

Originally posted by hairy-dude View Post
        The only one I know about is this one:

http://www.killerguitarcomponents.co...o-block-detail

I have a couple of Takeuchi trems, and I think this would fit it. Mine have the trem arm that screws into the trem block like a Fender style trem.
        Cheers for the suggestion. Mine has the normal Floyd-style arm that sits in the hole, so unfortunately I don't think this will fit.

Originally posted by msaint65 View Post
        You may want to contact a guy named "hookey" (or hoockey) on ebay.....he may be able to help you out.
        Thanks, I'll look him up.

Comment

Working...
        X