Jt390 replacement bridge, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt390 replacement bridge, help!

Ok guys so I bought this guitar used, restored it to playing conditions, and purchased all gold hardware from amazon, as it seemed to be the best cheapest way buying those Chinese parts :P . As in the pictures you can see, this TOM replica bridge fits perfectly, althought with the bridges action set as low as it possibly goes, the saddles sit a little too high... Not good. I was wondering fi you guys have any techniques on how I could possibly grind down the saddles? or maybe just purchase new ones that would ft the DKMGT's neck profile? It was only 10 dollars Canadian for the whole thing so If I must buy a new one it's not really a big deal. If I remember correctly this is a replica bridge for a Gibson Les Paul. It was worth a shot, so, anybody??

You need to shim the neck a little.

Comment

Yea I guess I can do that, considering it's probably the easiest method I'll just try it. Thanks!

Comment

If I were replacing my DKMGT's bridge, I'd get this. I can't guarantee the radius is exact, but I'm guessing it'll work fine. There's the money back guarantee if it doesn't match.

http://www.warmoth.com/Gotoh-Tune-O-...-P606C710.aspx
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

oh wow very nice, it is the exact same one. However I'm changing all hardware to gold. So, I guess the shim is my best method

Comment

The shim may save you some money, but here's a gold one if you need it. I don't think Gotoh's came on any DKMGT's, but I'd be shocked if a Gotoh didn't fit.

Gotoh makes the Jackson logo'd tuners that come on USA models.

http://www.warmoth.com/Gotoh-Tune-O-...-P608C710.aspx
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
            X