Help with specifications of a professional dinky rev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giba,
    The second guitar you have pictured is a DK2.
    Excellent guitar.
    My guess based on the specs, it's from around 2005-2006.
    Last edited by rjohnstone; 08-19-2016, 03:40 PM.
    -Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,
      I think you are right. I now noticed that the Dinky XL has something more writen on the headstock.
      So it means it is made in Japan, but not in the 90's? The SN has 7 numbers and starts with 98, anyway, I am enjoying both guitars a lot.

Just sad that the seller did not sold me with the case.

Comment

Wow, you now have two very good looking guitars! How much did you pay for your DK2? You now have two guitars with two examples of the JT580LP tremolo bridge; your blue Dinky has a square baseplate while your red Dinky has the angled one.

My Jackson KE3 (http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/150...ke-my-old-one)) which also has a 98***** serial number is actually from 2009. I would guess yours is also late-2000s because I recall Seymour Duncan pickups being stock on those ones, while earlier-2000s had Duncan Designed pickups.

Wait for Mudlark to come along. He will tell you some date information based off your serial number of your new DK2. He will also likely tell you to remove the neck and look for the stamps on the neck heel and inside the neck pocket to confirm.

Comment

Hey N.O.T. Priest,
          thank you! I am really happy with both guitars, but the DK2 looks just gorgeous and puts the Rev in the shadows for me in terms of look. I payed 250 € for the DK2 alone, nothing else was delivered with it. Was not cheap, but I reckon it was a fair price.

Your KE3 looks really nice as well and with the case for less than US$ 200! Now that was a good deal. Yours has a similar SN as mine, so I guess mine is from 2009 as well. Funny thing, looking at your photos, the neck screws on your guitar show some kind of corrosion on 3 of them. Mine show the same thing on the same screws.

How many Jacksons do you have?

Comment

A 98 serial on that DK2 would be 2007-11. They switched from chrome hardware and Duncan Designed pups to black hardware/real Duncans in 2006.
            9800000 started circa 2007 and ended at approximately 985xxxx in 2011 when Japanese production stopped.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think 250 Euro is likely a fair price but I don't know the European market. The important thing is that you feel happy about that price.

Those silly corroded screws. I will try to treat them with naphtha to remove the corrosion. My KE3 is still disassembled and I haven't touched it since the day I purchased it. Too many ongoing projects. I currently have two Jacksons (KE3 and Shannon Soloist) and I've only owned one other one (old KE3). I had never owned Charvels until spring 2016 and now I have four of them, easily eclipsing my Jackson acquisition and ownership habits.

Now that you have a guitar equipped with an unencumbered Floyd Rose, how do you like it?

Comment

I just cleaned and put new strings on the Rev. (new photos in the album). The PU's are SH2N and SH4.

@Mudlark: The DK2 has SN 9818... so it should be from around 2008?

@NOT Priest: I have to set it up properly first (This FR is a lot of work to setup) still did not had the time to go to you tube to learn how to do it. It is interesting, but I need more time to make my mind about it. The thing is that I am still learning how to play, but as I have nerver had a hobby I think I got to excited about it and start to buy a lot of different guitars. In my mind I was trying to find the guitar that best fits me, but now I have 7 guitars and really like most of them. From Dec. last year to now I have bought and sold some guitars and right now I have 2 Steinbergers (not the old expensive ones), 2 squiers, 1 fender, 1 epiphone and 2 Jacksons. I want to play Blues and some rock, but metal is not my thing, still I am in love with the jacksons and they will stay.
                Last edited by Giba; 08-21-2016, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, 2008, unless it's one of those that doesn't follow the rules...which happens occasionally.
                  96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
                  X