The number of early RR Professional Pros manufactured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The number of early RR Professional Pros manufactured

I've had a hard time finding a ferrari red or pearl yellow early 90's professional pro Randy Rhoads. To my knowledge it seems that RR Professional Pros were made with those colors only during the first year. After that the color-scheme diminished to the most basic (and most boring) colors.

Does anyone have any idea, how many RR Pro's there were made in red or yellow colors (with or without bevels)? They seem to be very rare in online auction or for sale at all. I've only seen black, white or deep metallic blue ones.

(And if someone would like to part with his/her red or yellow RR Pro - PM me!)

It isn't that they are rare or less of them were manufactured its that people part with them less. Recently on Ebay in usa a yellow one just sold for $1200+ usd so they are out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-1990-JA...p2047675.l2557

Comment

if you want one here is a crazy deal:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/msg/5680099999.html

Comment

Not for nothing, but $1299 is more than I am willing to pay for most USA models (in the current climate).

Comment

I think in many ways the 1993-2001 USA made jacksons are over rated. 1980s-1991 where their best USA made guitars. current custom shops and master built are great too but for the select releases or anything from 1993 - 2001 I would just rather have the money in the bank.

The 1990 - 1995 Professional Pros are hit and miss, having owned a slew of them it can be very very good to okay... I currently only own 1 Professional Pro and thats the RR24 Prototype made by Itaru Kano himself. So far no other RR has ever felt like this. the guitar is perfect.
          Last edited by AAEA; 07-15-2016, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post

sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

That really looks like a real deal. It's still black, but let's see.

The 1990 - 1995 Professional Pros are hit and miss, having owned a slew of them it can be very very good to okay... I currently only own 1 Professional Pro and thats the RR24 Prototype made by Itaru Kano himself. So far no other RR has ever felt like this. the guitar is perfect.
              That sounds interesting guitar. Have you posted any pictures of it here? Would love to see that!
              Last edited by mungiisi; 07-16-2016, 03:00 AM.

Comment

here is the RR24 Prototype next to my RR24. The Kahler is a non trem similar to the Dave Mustaine King V. I restored this guitar about a year ago and had a thread on here of the process. Not sure if I ever showed the end results or not but anyway here it is. You can see that the original idea was a front loaded guitar. personally I like the contrasting binding more than the black they did but on the white/black RR24 it does work well with the color scheme. also to note the inlays on the Prototype are real pearl and not pearloid plastic. only mod I've done to my RR24 white/black is a 18v setup for the EMG. at this point in my RR collection I can't see owning a 22 fret unless its pre 1986.

Comment

That would be GONE if I lived by it. Screw the wife

Comment

here is the RR24 Prototype next to my RR24. The Kahler is a non trem similar to the Dave Mustaine King V. I restored this guitar about a year ago and had a thread on here of the process. Not sure if I ever showed the end results or not but anyway here it is. You can see that the original idea was a front loaded guitar. personally I like the contrasting binding more than the black they did but on the white/black RR24 it does work well with the color scheme. also to note the inlays on the Prototype are real pearl and not pearloid plastic. only mod I've done to my RR24 white/black is a 18v setup for the EMG. at this point in my RR collection I can't see owning a 22 fret unless its pre 1986.
                    That's a great piece of history! Wow. Strange indeed that they made it front loaded. Those two pots look really lonely on that pick guard.

Didn't you have that black 1 hum Professional Soloist as well? That was one really nice guitar too.

Comment

Yea the 1 hum Professional pro soloist was the prototype Marty Friedman before he ended up with a USA Kelly model. It too was built by Itaru. I traded it to Tracy Guns for a 1 of 2 BC rich Les pauls that were made for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X