No announcement yet.

Don't know what this is but was cheap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know what this is but was cheap.

Don't know what model but from what I can find out so far a Dinky? 1996? MIJ
    Serial # 96701XX.

Looks like a Carvin Bolt neck on some Jackson Dinky body.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'd guess the body is a DX10D in tobacco burst. Since it's pretty much stripped down you may as well remove the neck and check the date/model stamps in the neck pocket.
      The serial indicates circa 2001 made in Japan.

*DX10D Dinky*
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Will that even intonate correctly since it's a 22 fret neck and the Dinky is supposed to have a 24-fret neck?

Comment

Yeah, that's gonna' be tricky.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Aren't those tuners off a reverse headstock? Looks like they are not even screwed into this neck. LOL

Comment

Thanks for the info guys. Well cheap is on the high side since it was found in a dumpster. So if it is an amalgam of parts probably be best to part it out?

Comment

if you can find a Jackson neck for it, it will be a solid guitar.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

this is a jackson DR3

the original neck was a reverse headstock and the old owner swapped it out, maybe it broke. but those are the original tuners. funny, that carvin neck has an ebony fretboard and would be worth more than the rest of that guitar.
                  Last edited by AAEA; 07-08-2016, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAEA View Post
                    this is a jackson DR3

the original neck was a reverse headstock and the old owner swapped it out, maybe it broke. but those are the original tuners. funny, that carvin neck has an ebony fretboard and would be worth more than the rest of that guitar.
                    Not a DR3. Those had a Gibson type toggle switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                      Aren't those tuners off a reverse headstock? Looks like they are not even screwed into this neck. LOL
                      Yes they are loose. Who knows why it was tossed. It was with a 90's Ibanez and a trashed (90's?) Chinese junker, like I had back then. A friend who still plays is going to take a look at them over the weekend for me.

Comment

WELL NO PLATE

Comment

no plate no numbers

Comment

Found it: JS32R Dinky

Comment

Duncan Designed pickups and a Japanese serial...I'll put my money on a DX10D in tobacco burst.

Perhaps the owner would like to check the stamps in the neck pocket?
                              Last edited by Mudlark; 07-08-2016, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X