Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get some help Identifying this model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get some help Identifying this model?

I pulled this one out from storage and it's been a while. Can't really remember the story behind it but I do remember it being a good guitar. I just recently put the Blackouts in myself and the old pickups are stamped seymour duncan, made in america, not duncan design or anything like that. If it helps I can get them out and give you the actual numbers off of them. Any and all help will be much appreciated so thanks to you jackson lovers, they are some great guitars!!

You need to first post your pics on a site such as tinypic, photobucket etc. and then copy the link here.
    If you click the square to the right of the globe/red X at the top of the reply section you can post the link there and your pic will show.

Or, you can just post the link. Adding the serial will help date the model.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I put the pics in but for some reason they didnt post. Also, I forgot to mention the headstock is just plain Jackson logo and the guitar came with a HSC.

Comment

It's a bolt-on, so that means it's a Dinky. DK2M is the model name... M for maple board.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Awesome! I remember that now that you say. Do they still make these? Thanks alot bro!

Comment

The serial indicates 2008ish, but you'd need to remove the neck and check the date stamps to confirm since those numbers aren't 100% consistent.

The 2006-11 DK2Ms were made in Japan, but Japanese production shut down in late 2011. 2012 and later are Mexican and have completely different specs.

Looks like someone swapped the original Duncans for the present Duncans.
            96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Axxis View Post
              I just recently put the Blackouts in myself
              Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
              Looks like someone swapped the original Duncans for the present Duncans.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X